Fireworks in the UK Capsule Report - 2017
The Fireworks in the UK Capsule Report - 2017, report forms part of GlobalData's Retail Occasions series, and gives insight into the profile and spending habits of consumers buying fireworks. The report analyses the market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes to buying fireworks.
The percentage of people buying fireworks has decreased 1.4 percentage points from 2016 to 2017, but more consumers are purchasing them for Bonfire Night. Consumers are price sensitive, which is influencing their choice of retailer for fireworks.
Reasons to buy
- Fireworks are now being more frequently purchased for international occasions, such as Diwali and Chinese New Year. However, Bonfire Night remains the most important occasion; 50.5% of consumers purchased fireworks for the event.
- Value for money is the top driver of store selection for purchasing fireworks, but safety remains an important driver.
- Use our in-depth consumer insight to gain knowledge of consumer preferences and help tailor your product offerings.
- Understand what drives retailer choice among consumers, such as convenience, value for money and delivery options in order to maximise sales potential.
- Buying dynamics
- Store selection
- Channel usage
- Buying dynamics
- Technical details: consumer survey work
- List of Tables
- Products purchased: fireworks, 2016 & 2017
- Retailers used: fireworks, 2016 & 2017
- List of Figures
- Fireworks shopper penetration (by demographic and by region), 2017
- Fireworks shopper profile (by demographic and by region), 2017
- Which occasion consumers purchase fireworks for, 2017 and ppt change on 2016
- Drivers of store selection, 2017 and ppt change on 2016
- Consumers using each channel for purchasing fireworks, 2017
- Consumers using each device for purchasing fireworks, 2017
- Fulfilment options for firework purchases made online, 2017
- Average spend on fireworks, 2017 and change on 2016
- Percentage of people buying fireworks (by demographic), 2017
- Planned/impulse overall firework purchases, 2016 and 2017
- Planned/impulse firework purchases by firework type, 2016 and 2017