Essar Power Limited - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2018 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation company’s business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
- Company Snapshot Key Information Company Overview SWOT Snapshot Operational Metrics Essar Power Limited, Operational Metrics, By Capacity Essar Power Limited, Operational Metrics, By Generation Essar Power Limited, Solar PV Parks Essar Power Limited, Solar PV Parks, India Essar Power Limited, Thermal Power Plants Essar Power Limited, Thermal Power Plants, India Business Description Business Overview Major Products and Services History SWOT Analysis Overview Essar Power Limited Strengths Market Position Synergy with Group Entities Essar Power Limited Weaknesses Costlier Energy Sources Essar Power Limited Opportunities Increase in Demand for Electricity: India Thermal Market: India Climate Change Action Plan: Ontario Essar Power Limited Threats Lack of PPAs Environmental Laws and Regulations Operational Issues Key Employees Locations And Subsidiaries Head Office Other Locations & Subsidiaries Financial Deals Landscape Essar Power Limited, Deals Summary Essar Power Limited, Power, Deal Details Asset Transactions Essar Power to Invest USD1.6 Billion in Tori Power Plant in Jharkhand, India Essar Power Orissa Completes Project Financing Of USD109.2 Million For Paradip Captive Power Plant In Orissa, India Debt Offering Essar Power Completes Public Offering Of Bonds Due 2024 For US$147 Million Essar Power Completes Public Offering Of Bonds Due 2024 For US$125 Million Acquisition Essar Power to Acquire 50% Interest in Navabharat Power from Nava Bharat Projects for USD28.1 Million Essar Steel Holdings To Sell Minority Interest In Essar Power For US$94 Million Recent Developments Essar Power Limited - Recent Developments Jul 11, 2009: Essar Power Unveils Expansion Plans Dec 18, 2008: Essar Plans To Increase Jamnagar Power Plant Production Capacity To 2,400 MW Aug 22, 2013: Essar Power FY13 revenue up 72% at Rs. 2,371 crore; capacity up 152%, generation up 85% Jul 11, 2018: Taking Power Plants Out of the Red Jun 26, 2018: Odisha government starts taking back land from failed power projects May 25, 2018: Inter RAO-Export and Essar Power signed a memorandum on strategic partnership Aug 02, 2017: Loss of power supply from private companies won’t affect Gujarat, India Apr 06, 2017: India's Essar Power generates 49% more electricity during 2016-17 fiscal year Feb 16, 2017: Essar Group to invest INR100bn in Indian State of Jharkhand Sep 30, 2016: Essar Power completes Phase I of 120 MW Paradip Power Project Jun 12, 2016: India’s Essar Power to resume 500MW Hazira gas power plant in next quarter May 03, 2016: Essar Power’s 1,200MW Mahan power plant resumes operations Apr 14, 2016: Essar Ports Handles Record 6.25 MMT Cargo During March 2016 May 29, 2015: Alstom sets a new record with the production of the 200th 765kV transformer and reactor Apr 13, 2015: Essar Power commissions the first unit of 120 MW Paradeep Power Plant Jun 25, 2014: Indian Power Ministry may consider coal supply permit for 9.94GW power plants May 24, 2014: MPPCB directs Essar Power to close Mahan I thermal power station Mar 05, 2014: Indian Ministry of Coal rejects Essar Power’s demand of narrowing linkage for Mahan power plant Jan 24, 2014: Essar Power reports accident at Salaya thermal power plant Sep 12, 2013: Essar Energy agrees new US$300 million corporate loan facility Aug 06, 2013: Odisha In India Stops Land Acquisition For Nava Bharat Power’s Coal-fired Project Dec 26, 2012: Essar Power commissions 600MW Mahan I power project Dec 24, 2012: Essar Energy Begins Commercial Operations Of 600 MW Unit 1 At Mahan I Power Project In Madhya Pradesh, India Nov 12, 2012: Essar Energy Commissions 255 MW Unit 2 At Vadinar Phase 2 Coal-fired Power Project In Gujarat, India Nov 12, 2012: Essar Power commissions second unit at Vadinar P2 power plant Oct 31, 2012: Essar Power secures forest clearance for Mahan coal block Apr 04, 2012: Essar Power set to triple operating capacity by June 2012 Jan 21, 2012: Gujarat State In India To Add More Than 3,000 MW Thermal Power Capacity In 2012-2013 Jan 15, 2012: Essar Power Plans To Enter Electricity Distribution Business In India Sep 07, 2011: Madhya Pradesh To Allot Coal To Essar Power And DB Power From Amelia Coal Mining Project Mar 18, 2011: Power Cell To Receive Fourth Tender For Sirajganj Combined-Cycle Power Project In Bangladesh Jul 05, 2010: PFC Postpones RFQ Bidding Deadline For 4,000MW Chhattisgarh UMPP In India Mar 19, 2009: Essar Power Raises INR3,500 Million Project Financing From IDFC Project Equity Jan 12, 2011: Toshiba Wins Contract From Essar Power Gujarat To Supply Two 660MW Supercritical Steam Turbines And Generators Jul 09, 2010: EPJL Signs PPA With BSEB For Tori I Power Plant Aug 30, 2009: GAIL Signs GSPA With RIL For Purchase Of Gas From KG-D6 Fields In India
- Appendix Report Scope GlobalData Coverage Benchmarking GlobalData’s Methodology Secondary Research Primary Research Contact Us Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- Essar Power Limited, Key Facts
- Essar Power Limited, Operational Metrics, Capacity
- Essar Power Limited, Operational Metrics, Generation
- Essar Power Limited, Solar PV Parks, India
- Essar Power Limited, Thermal Power Plants, India
- Major Products and Services
- Essar Power Limited, SWOT Analysis
- Essar Power Limited, Key Employees
- Essar Power Limited, Other Locations
- Essar Power Limited, Subsidiaries
- Essar Power Limited, Deals Summary
- Essar Power to Invest USD1.6 Billion in Tori Power Plant in Jharkhand, India
- Essar Power Orissa Completes Project Financing Of USD109.2 Million For Paradip Captive Power Plant In Orissa, India
- Essar Power Completes Public Offering Of Bonds Due 2024 For US$147 Million
- Essar Power Completes Public Offering Of Bonds Due 2024 For US$125 Million
- Essar Power to Acquire 50% Interest in Navabharat Power from Nava Bharat Projects for USD28.1 Million
- Essar Steel Holdings To Sell Minority Interest In Essar Power For US$94 Million