Eskom Holdings SOC Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Eskom Holdings SOC Limited (Eskom) is a state-owned power utility that generates, transmits and distributes electricity. It generates electricity from coal-fired, gas-fired, hydro and pumped storage power plants, and nuclear power plants, among others. The company supplies electricity to industrial, mining, commercial, agricultural and residential customers, and to municipalities and metros for redistribution to households and businesses. The company procures electricity and sells it in countries of the Southern African Development Community (SADC), which includes South Africa, Uganda, Nigeria and Mali. Eskom operates in all the regions in South Africa. Eskom is headquartered in Sandton, South Africa.
Eskom Holdings SOC Limited Key Recent Developments
Jul 30, 2016: Eskom meets demand without use of OCGT during cold snap
Jul 29, 2016: Eskom upgrades Kiepersol substation to improve quality of supply in Hazyview
Jul 28, 2016: President Jacob Zuma officially launches Unit 4 of the Ingula pumped storage scheme
Jul 28, 2016: A 20-year power purchase agreement with Redstone Solar Thermal Power postponed until further notice: Eskom
Jul 26, 2016: Eskom meets evening peak demand despite cold snapReasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.