Equatorial Guinea: Country Intelligence Report
Equatorial Guinea’s telecom services market will grow from an estimated $71.3 million in 2018 to $92.1 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 5.2% over 2018-2023 driven by projected growth in the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2018. However, mobile data will be the fastest-growing revenue segment, expanding at a CAGR of 18.7% over 2018-2023 driven by growing adoption of 3G services and projected growth in 4G subscriptions following 4G launch expected in 2019.
The Government is focusing on improving international connectivity through multiple submarine cable system projects which will improve connectivity and provide improved capacity for telecom services in the region. This will provide opportunities for operators to enhance their services in the country.
The report Equatorial Guinea: Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Equatorial Guinea
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more
- Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook
Getesa, Muni, Gecomsa, OrangeScope
Reasons to buy
- The overall telecom service revenue in Equatorial Guinea will grow at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2018-2023.
- Mobile revenue will account for 79.9% of the total service revenue in 2023, driven by increasing adoption of mobile broadband and expected launch of 4G in 2019.
- 2G was the most adopted mobile technology in 2018. However, 3G will surpass 2G to account for a leading 48.2% share of total mobile subscriptions in 2023.
- The top three mobile operators, Getesa-Orange, Muni, and Gecomsa, will continue to focus on network investments, promotional offers and incentives on recharges, as well as value-added service offerings to acquire customers and drive the telecom market.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Equatorial Guinea’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Equatorial Guinea’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Equatorial Guinea’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Equatorial Guinea.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData