Enterprise Content Management: Technology & Market Trends
Manufacturing is the single largest end-use market for data & content management with revenue from it estimated at US$4.9 billion for 2018. The need to store, manage, and enable easy access to all manufacturing related documents like purchase orders, work orders, contracts, SOPs, invoices, safety guidelines, certifications, inspection & training docs, etc. is driving manufacturer investments on ECM. The government sector is the fastest growing end-use market for data & content management with revenue set to grow from an estimated US$3 billion in 2018 to US$5 billion by 2022.
With the proliferation of smartphones, enterprises are adopting enterprise mobility and even embracing Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) strategy. Therefore, content management providers are launching intelligent mobile content management suites and web content management (WCM) solutions to enable enterprises to adapt to a mobile environment easily.
Implementation of hybrid ECM deployment model - i.e., tapping both on-premise and cloud based data & content management strategy, is growing in prominence among enterprises. The hybrid ECM deployment model allows enterprises to store, manage, and leverage content across both central on-premise, and cloud-based content repositories.
While the implementation of ECM solutions has helped enterprises to secure data and prevent unauthorized access, they have to be constantly upgraded to be completely effective in mitigating such risks. New data security risks can expose the vulnerability of ECM systems, especially legacy ECM systems despite number of quick fix the organizations can place on them.
The report Enterprise Content Management: Technology & Market Trends, provides analyses the current trends, drivers, and inhibitors impacting the enterprise content management market. The report outlines the evolution of enterprise content management technologies, and identifies and assesses the best performing vendors in the market. This report also presents a view of the revenue opportunities in the enterprise content management market through to 2022, highlighting the market size and growth by technology, geography, sectors, and size band. Moreover, following in-depth ICT decision maker surveys, the report outlines enterprises’ investment priorities in the enterprise content management segment.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
Reasons to buy
- Enterprise content management market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of global revenues from data and content management.
- Market trends, drivers & inhibitors: an analysis of key current trends in the ECM market, factors driving growth in the ECM market, and inhibitors to the ECM market growth.
- Vendor landscape : a brief overview of the key enterprise content management vendors.
- Opportunities and recommendations for content management vendors.
- The report helps understand the enterprise content management market landscape, the recent trends, drivers, and inhibitors shaping the enterprise content management segment.
- The report provides an assessment of content management vendors and their relative positions in the enterprise content management market.
- The report provides insight into revenue opportunity forecasts in the enterprise content management market from 2017 to 2022, spanning four technology segments, six regions, 14 verticals, and two size bands.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of technology growth predictions based on adoption indicators, end-user technology demand, GlobalData’s in-house ICT survey results, and macroeconomic factors.
- The report provides a detailed breakdown of the opportunities within the enterprise content management segment and its sub categories.
- Executive Summary
- Section 1: The Global Enterprise Content Management Market
- Market opportunity forecast, by type
- Market opportunity forecast, by region
- Market opportunity forecast, by vertical
- Market opportunity forecast, by size band
- Section 2: Market Trends, Drivers, & Inhibitors
- Current trends in ECM market
- Driving forces behind ECM growth
- Inhibitors to enterprise ECM market growth
- Section 3: Vendor Landscape
- Brief overview of key ECM vendors
- Section 4: Opportunities & Recommendations
- GlobalData contact information
- List of Figures
- EXHIBIT 1: Data and content management - global market opportunity forecast, 2017 - 2022
- EXHIBIT 2: Data and content management - global market opportunity forecast by region, 2017 - 2022
- EXHIBIT 3: Data and content management - global market opportunity forecast by top vertical markets, 2017 - 2022
- EXHIBIT 4: Implementation cases of ECM among manufacturers, telco, & ICT
- EXHIBIT 5: Key public sector ECM deployments
- EXHIBIT 6: Data and content management - global market opportunity forecast by size band, 2017 - 2022
- EXHIBIT 7: Current trends in enterprise content management market
- EXHIBIT 8: Mobile content management capabilities
- EXHIBIT 9: Business intelligence use in ECM platforms
- EXHIBIT 10: Hybrid ECM deployment
- EXHIBIT 11: Business applications integration with content platforms
- EXHIBIT 12: Enterprise digital signage deployments
- EXHIBIT 13: Business functions using digital asset management
- EXHIBIT 14: Driving forces behind enterprise content management market growth
- EXHIBIT 15: Enterprise data sources
- EXHIBIT 16: Select data protection laws across the globe
- EXHIBIT 17: Cloud content management platforms
- EXHIBIT 18: Inhibitors to enterprise content management market growth
- EXHIBIT 19: DAM solution to handle rich media