Employee Benefits in Cyprus 2018
The social security system in Cyprus is comprehensive and covers all gainfully employed and self-employed people. The state, employers and employees are the main participants in the social security system. The system has evolved and changed significantly during the last few years due to the euro zone debt crisis and the resultant contraction of the Cypriot economy. Cyprus accessed a EUR10.0 billion (US$11.09 billion) bailout program from the European Commission, European Central Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) (collectively known as the Troika) in 2013 to correct the economic imbalance.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Cyprus, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Cyprus, detailed information about the private benefits in Cyprus, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Cyprus.
- According to the Ministry of Labor and Social Insurance Services, the social insurance scheme benefits are grouped into three broad categories: grants, benefits and pensions.
- In addition to the statutory benefits, some employers also offer other benefits to employees as an incentive for good performance.
- The most common non-statutory benefits provided in Cyprus include supplementary pension and private healthcare schemes.
- The current statutory benefits are administered by various divisions of Υπουργείο Εργασίας και Κοινωνικών Ασφαλίσεων (Ministry of Labor, Welfare and Social Insurance).
Reasons to buy
- This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Cyprus.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Cyprus.
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Cyprus.
- Assess Cyprus's employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Cyprus.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Cyprus's employee benefits, and their impact on companies.