Employee Benefits in Brazil 2018
Brazil has a well-developed social security system, and both employers and employees contribute to social security schemes in the country, with employers’ contributions typically much greater than those of employees. Brazilian employees primarily contribute to six statutory social security organizations: the statutory pension insurance fund, the statutory death insurance fund, the statutory short-term sickness fund, the statutory long-term disability fund, the statutory maternity fund, and statutory family benefits. The Brazilian government is responsible for the payment of benefits such as medical benefits and workmen compensation insurance.
The report provides in-depth industry analysis, information and insights of the employee benefits in Brazil, including: overview of the state and compulsory benefits in Brazil, detailed information about the private benefits in Brazil, insights on various central institutions responsible for the administration of the different branches of social security and the regulatory framework of the employee benefits in Brazil.
- State and compulsory benefits include all benefits that should be mandatorily provided to employees.
- The Brazilian social security system is based on three main pillars, ensuring that people in the county are covered against general risks.
- The Brazilian social security system is very extensive, and is financed by contributions from employees, including expatriates, and employers.
- Labor relations in Brazil are mainly governed by the Federal constitution and the CLT, which assure employees of multiple rights and benefits.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Brazil.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
- It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death in service, long-term disability benefits, medical benefits, workmen's compensation insurance, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, unemployment, leave and private benefits
- It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Brazil.
- Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Brazil.
- Assess Brazilian employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits.
- Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Brazil.
- Gain insights into key organizations governing Brazilian employee benefits, and their impact on companies.