Electricity Supply Board - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2018 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation company’s business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
- Company Snapshot Key Information Company Overview SWOT Snapshot Operational Metrics Electricity Supply Board, Operational Metrics, By Capacity Electricity Supply Board, Wind Farms Electricity Supply Board, Wind Farms, Ireland Electricity Supply Board, Solar PV Parks Electricity Supply Board, Solar PV Parks, Ireland Electricity Supply Board, Solar Thermal Plants Electricity Supply Board, Solar Thermal Plants, Saudi Arabia Electricity Supply Board, Hydro Power Plants Electricity Supply Board, Hydro Power Plants, Ireland Electricity Supply Board, Biopower Plants Electricity Supply Board, Biopower Plants, United Kingdom Electricity Supply Board, Thermal Power Plants Electricity Supply Board, Thermal Power Plants, Philippines Business Description Business Overview Electric Ireland Overview ESB Networks Overview G&WM Overview NIE Networks Overview Others Overview Major Products and Services History SWOT Analysis Overview Electricity Supply Board Strengths Vertical Integration Market Position Electricity Supply Board Weaknesses Business Performance: Electric Ireland Working Capital Deficit Electricity Supply Board Opportunities Smarter PAYG Application Positive Outlook for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: the UK Strategic Acquisitions Favorable Renewable Policies: European Union Electricity Supply Board Threats Transmission and Distribution Network Safety Volatile Electricity Prices Electricity Wholesale Market Risks Key Employees Key Employee Biographies Company Statement Locations And Subsidiaries Head Office Other Locations & Subsidiaries Financial Deals Landscape Electricity Supply Board, Deals Summary Electricity Supply Board, Power, Deal Details Asset Transactions Electricity Supply Board Acquires Mill Farm Battery Storage Project in UK from Anesco Electricity Supply Board Acquires 12.5% Stake in Galloper Wind Farm in England, UK from Macquarie Group Bord na Mona and Electricity Supply Board to Invest USD545.5 Million in Four Solar Power Plants in Ireland Airvolution Energy Acquires Kinegar Quarry Wind Project in Scotland, UK from Wind Prospect ESB International Invests US$238.9 Million In Two Wind Farms In Spain Electricity Supply Board and Coillte Complete Project Financing for Castlepook Wind Farm Project in County Cork, Ireland Coillte and ESB Complete Project Financing for Raheenleagh Wind Project in Wicklow, Ireland UK Green Investment Bank, Electricity Supply Board and Aalborg Energie Technik Announce Project Financing for Tilbury Green Power Biomass Power Plant in Essex, England, UK Airvolution Completes Project Financing For Ysgellog Wind Farm In Wales, UK Carrington Power Completes Project Financing For Carrington Power Project In UK ESB International Receives Grant Of USD23.5 Million For WestWave Ocean Energy Project In Ireland Partnerships Electricity Supply Board to Form Partnership with Coriolis Energy to Develop Nine Wind Projects in England and Scotland, UK Asset Transactions ArcLight Capital Partners Completes Acquisition Of Amorebieta CCGT Power Plant In Spain From ESB And Osaka Gas UK Capital Dynamics To Acquire Ysgellog Wind Farm In UK From Airvolution Energy Meag Munich Ergo Asset Management Completes Acquisition of 50% Stake In Marchwood Power Plant In UK from Electricity Supply Board ESB To Sell West Offaly Power Plant In Ireland ESB To Sell Lough Ree Power Plant In Ireland Acquisition Electricity Supply Board Acquires Minority Stake in Terra Solar for USD2.7 Million Recent Developments Electricity Supply Board - Recent Developments Jul 03, 2018: ESB launches call to action for a cleaner energy future Apr 17, 2018: ESB partners with Ardagh Group to increases resilience and energy security Nov 14, 2017: ESB opens Glasgow office, to spearhead further development of renewables in Scotland Jun 10, 2015: ESB Powering Potential Expo Opens in Dublin Apr 28, 2015: ESB and Coriolis Energy agree partnership to develop 400MW of onshore wind in England and Scotland Jan 13, 2015: GAA Clubs Lighting The Way On Energy Efficiency Through ESB “EnergyFit” Programme. Sep 09, 2014: ESB: Electric vehicle rapid charge network to expand in ireland and uk Oct 01, 2012: IBM Teams With ESB To Implement Fully Integrated Smarter Charging IT System Jun 15, 2010: ESB Enters Into Agreement With Vattenfall For Ocean Wave Energy Projects Development Jan 25, 2009: ESB To Build Three Wind Farms In Tipperary And Limerick Jun 15, 2008: ESB Plans To Build Windfarm In North Jan 31, 2008: ESB Opens Offices In UK Oct 12, 2007: ESB Starts Construction Of CCGT Power Plant In Aghada Mar 14, 2016: ESB announces Annual Results for 2015 Sep 25, 2015: ESB announces interim results for 2015 Mar 25, 2015: ESB announces annual results for 2014 Sep 29, 2014: ESB announces interim results for 2014 Mar 14, 2014: ESB Announces Annual Results for 2013 Mar 13, 2013: ESB Reports Revenue Of €3.3m In 2012 Jul 18, 2007: ESB Reports 2006 Results Sep 20, 2018: Storm Ali update: ESB Networks crews restore power to 147,000 homes farms and businesses Sep 19, 2018: ESB networks update on storm ali Sep 19, 2018: ESB Networks crews working to restore power to 55,000 impacted by Storm Ali Sep 19, 2018: Storm Ali outage update - 5pm, Wednesday 19 September Sep 19, 2018: Storm Ali update - 12.45pm Sep 05, 2018: UK first as “Go Electric Taxi” scheme is launched in Coventry, the home of the black cab Jun 27, 2018: Electric Ireland Announces Energy Price Increase From 1 August 2018 Jun 19, 2018: ESB Announces New Appointments May 18, 2018: ESB and other leading companies come together to address key sustainability challenges for Ireland May 08, 2018: ESB announces partnership agreement with UL to support world-leading research for a clean energy future Apr 26, 2018: JCDecaux, ESB and NTA join forces to reduce carbon footprint of Ireland s bus shelters by 88 per cent Apr 12, 2018: Limerick start-up selected for ESB-backed global energy accelerator programme Mar 26, 2018: New Solar Farm Opened at Dublin Airport Mar 03, 2018: ESB Networks update: Crews continue to restore power into the night in Co Wexford Feb 26, 2018: ESB outline plans to convert Shannonbridge power plant to burn biomass Aug 23, 2017: ESB Networks reschedules planned maintenance works in Carlow/Bagnalstown areas Jul 08, 2017: Ireland to have more number of fast charging points for electric vehicles Apr 25, 2017: Power outage in Castlerea area, Ireland Dec 13, 2016: Siro to add 60 new jobs as it steps up broadband roll-out Oct 20, 2016: ESB Invests in Terra Solar to Accelerate the Development of Ireland’s Solar Capacity Jun 13, 2016: Ireland’s An Bord Pleanala approves Oweninny windfarm proposal Jun 06, 2016: Ireland minister reviews conversion of peat-fired power plants into biomass fuel Apr 11, 2016: ESB likely to construct 500MW solar power projects by 2021 Oct 15, 2015: ESB opens new €33m Woodhouse Wind Farm in County Waterford Oct 14, 2015: Electric Ireland enters NI residential market Sep 03, 2015: IIEA and ESB to host major international Energy Summit on 18 September 2015 Jul 30, 2015: ecarNI set for future development as control of charge point network moves to ESB Group Jul 06, 2015: Call for Applications to ESB's Energy for Generations Community Fund May 14, 2015: SIRO - Ireland's first 100% fibre-to-the-building broadband network unveiled May 12, 2015: KINGSPAN ESB JV Unlocks £320M Savings Potential of Solar PV for Northern Ireland Businesses May 05, 2015: Electric Vehicle Drivers To benefit From Designated EV Charging Spaces in Cork City Apr 02, 2015: Four Irish SMEs win funding to develop innovative communal electric vehicle charging solutions Feb 06, 2015: ESB Signs New €1.44bn Bank Credit Facility Mar 10, 2014: ESB & Galetech Energy launch 3rd Instalment of the Mountainlodge Wind Farm Community Fund Feb 07, 2014: ESB welcomes New Government Plan For Offshore Renewables Nov 08, 2013: Colum Eastwood, MLA, welcomes Tyrone wind farm announcement Sep 03, 2013: Electric Ireland Gas Prices to Increase by 2.0% Nov 28, 2012: ESB Secures EU Funding For Expansion Of EV Fast Charging Network Across Ireland Jan 12, 2012: Electric Ireland And SEAI Release National Smart Meter Trial Data Dec 15, 2010: ESB Announces Electric Ireland As New Brand Name For Energy Supply Businesses May 31, 2010: ESB To Open Gas-Fired Power Plant In Aghada, Ireland May 31, 2010: ESB Opens New 435MW Gas-Fired Power Plant In Aghada, Ireland May 26, 2010: ESB Appoints Donal Flynn As Group Finance Director And Paul Stapleton As Group Treasurer Sep 28, 2009: EIB Invests EUR500 Million In Ireland’s Electricity Sector May 27, 2009: ESB Appoints John Shine As Deputy Chief Executive Officer Oct 16, 2008: Ireland To Have Nuclear Plant By 2035, ESB Reports Mar 27, 2008: ESB To Invest EUR22 Billion In Renewable Energy Jul 02, 2007: ESB Appoints New Board Member Feb 11, 2018: ESB International wins US$4.2 million project contract in Ghana Jan 11, 2018: ESB engineers local support Nov 25, 2016: ESB extends cooperation with Nordex in Ireland and UK Oct 14, 2016: Bruel & Kjaer Vibro wins monitoring order for British biomass power plant Apr 22, 2015: AET is to deliver a 40 MWe biomass power plant to Tilbury Green Power Sep 26, 2014: Pelamis technology shortlisted for Ireland’s first wave farm project Jun 19, 2012: Wood Group GTS Secures Gas Turbine Combustion Inspection Contract From ESB Jan 31, 2011: ESB Awards Contract To Siemens For Refurbishment Of Poolbeg CCGT Power Station In Dublin, Ireland Oct 16, 2008: ESB Wins EUR500 Million Contract To Build Gas-Fired Power Station In Spain Mar 20, 2008: ESBI Signs EUR12 Million Engineering Consultancy Contract With EWA In Bahrain
- Appendix Report Scope GlobalData Coverage Benchmarking GlobalData’s Methodology Secondary Research Primary Research Contact Us Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- Electricity Supply Board, Key Facts
- Electricity Supply Board, Operational Metrics, Capacity
- Electricity Supply Board, Wind Farms, Ireland
- Electricity Supply Board, Solar PV Parks, Ireland
- Electricity Supply Board, Solar Thermal Plants, Saudi Arabia
- Electricity Supply Board, Hydro Power Plants, Ireland
- Electricity Supply Board, Biopower Plants, United Kingdom
- Electricity Supply Board, Thermal Power Plants, Philippines
- Major Products and Services
- Electricity Supply Board, SWOT Analysis
- Electricity Supply Board, Key Employees
- Electricity Supply Board, Subsidiaries
- Electricity Supply Board, Deals Summary
- Electricity Supply Board Acquires Mill Farm Battery Storage Project in UK from Anesco
- Electricity Supply Board Acquires 12.5% Stake in Galloper Wind Farm in England, UK from Macquarie Group
- Bord na Mona and Electricity Supply Board to Invest USD545.5 Million in Four Solar Power Plants in Ireland
- Airvolution Energy Acquires Kinegar Quarry Wind Project in Scotland, UK from Wind Prospect
- ESB International Invests US$238.9 Million In Two Wind Farms In Spain
- Electricity Supply Board and Coillte Complete Project Financing for Castlepook Wind Farm Project in County Cork, Ireland
- Coillte and ESB Complete Project Financing for Raheenleagh Wind Project in Wicklow, Ireland
- UK Green Investment Bank, Electricity Supply Board and Aalborg Energie Technik Announce Project Financing for Tilbury Green Power Biomass Power Plant in Essex, England, UK
- Airvolution Completes Project Financing For Ysgellog Wind Farm In Wales, UK
- Carrington Power Completes Project Financing For Carrington Power Project In UK
- ESB International Receives Grant Of USD23.5 Million For WestWave Ocean Energy Project In Ireland
- Electricity Supply Board to Form Partnership with Coriolis Energy to Develop Nine Wind Projects in England and Scotland, UK
- ArcLight Capital Partners Completes Acquisition Of Amorebieta CCGT Power Plant In Spain From ESB And Osaka Gas UK
- Capital Dynamics To Acquire Ysgellog Wind Farm In UK From Airvolution Energy
- Meag Munich Ergo Asset Management Completes Acquisition of 50% Stake In Marchwood Power Plant In UK from Electricity Supply Board
- ESB To Sell West Offaly Power Plant In Ireland
- ESB To Sell Lough Ree Power Plant In Ireland
- Electricity Supply Board Acquires Minority Stake in Terra Solar for USD2.7 Million