El Salvador: Country Intelligence Report
Total telecommunications and pay-TV services revenue in El Salvador will increase from $1.1 billion in 2018 to $1.3 billion by year-end 2023, at a five-year CAGR of 2.4%. Growth will be supported by mobile data, pay-TV, and fixed-broadband segments.
El Salvador: Country Intelligence Report, a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in El Salvador today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in El Salvador.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to buy
- Overall revenue will increase at a CAGR of 2.4% from $1.1 billion in 2018 to $1.3 billion in 2023.
- Mobile service revenue accounted for 67.9% of total telecom revenue in 2018 and mobile data segment will be the leading revenue generating segment throughout the forecast period.
- 4G subscriptions will grow at the fastest CAGR of 30.1% over 2018-2023 to account for 32.9% share of total subscriptions by 2023.
- The top three mobile operators-Tigo, Claro, and Movistar-accounted for 88.5% of total mobile subscriptions in 2018.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of El Salvador’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in El Salvador’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in El Salvador’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in El Salvador.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Claro El Salvador
- Tigo El Salvador
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData