Ecuador: Country Intelligence Report
Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Ecuador reached $3.3bn in 2017, up by about 2.5% from the 2016 levels, to account for more than 3.5% of the nominal GDP. GlobalData expects total service revenue to increase at a CAGR of over 2%, reaching to about $3.7bn by the end of 2022, driven by growth in mobile data, fixed broadband and pay-TV revenue.
Mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of more than 11% over 2017-2022, driven by rising smartphone penetration and growing adoption of 4G services. The projected rise in M2M subscriptions will also add to mobile revenue over the forecast period. Fixed broadband revenue will be driven by a steady rise in DSL subscriptions and projected growth in FTTx subscriptions. Moreover, adoption of multiplay services will further drive fixed broadband subscriptions over the forecast period.
Ecuador’s mobile subscription population penetration crossed 90% in 2017, which is 21.7 p.p. below the Latin American average, but will grow to cross 96% by 2022, led by a steady rise in smartphone subscriptions. Comparatively, mobile user penetration will reach breach 65% by 2022, reflecting a relatively high multi-SIM ownership trend.
Mobile subscriptions in Ecuador reached 15.2m by year-end 2017, accounting for over 2% of total Latin America’s mobile subscriptions for the same year. Over the forecast period, mobile operators will add a combined 2.1m mobile subscriptions, bringing the country’s total mobile subscriptions to 17.4m by 2022.
The report Ecuador: Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Ecuador today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Ecuador.
- The regulatory environment and trends: A review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: Analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: An examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: Analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Claro Ecuador, Movistar Ecuador, CNT, ETAPA, GrupoTVCable, DIRECTV Ecuador.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Mobile data revenue will expand at the fastest CAGR of 11.2% over 2017-2022 driven by rising smartphone penetration and growing adoption of 4G services. Projected rise in M2M subscriptions will also add to mobile revenue over the forecast period.
- Mobile revenue will account for 58.7% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2022, mainly driven by mobile data revenue growth.
- Claro Ecuador leads Ecuador’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2017, followed by Movistar Ecuador and CNT. Claro Ecuador and Movistar Ecuador compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades and competitively priced offers to strengthen their market position.
- This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Ecuador’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Ecuador’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Ecuador’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Ecuador.
- Market highlights
- Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context
- Demographic and macroeconomic context
- Regulatory context
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
- Total telecom service revenue
- Mobile services market
- Fixed services market
- Pay-TV services market
- Competitive landscape and company snapshots
- Competitive landscape
- Claro Ecuador
- Movistar Ecuador
- Additional resources
- Baseline forecast assumptions
- Data tables
- Research methodology
- About the authors
- Country Intelligence Report coverage
- About GlobalData