Destination Market Insights: East Africa
Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities in the East Africa region. This report explores the types of travelers that visit the region as well as a SWOT analysis. Mozambique, Mauritius and Madagascar are looked into in detail.
- With approximately two million international arrivals in 2019, Mozambique is the largest tourist market in the region of East Africa.
- Kenya is the second most visited country within East Africa, with 1.5 million people visiting in 2019. This total marked the continuation of an increase in arrival numbers to Kenya since 2015.
- Wellness tourism is becoming an important sub-sector in the East African tourism industry with an increasing number of spas opening up across the region. It is therefore becoming increasingly important to have some form of quality control and certification process in order to ensure that local and international guests, who come with high expectations and are paying large sums of money, have their expectations at least met.
- The region is set up very well for adventurers and nature lovers. Tourism companies can capitalize on the unique experiences travelers can enjoy in East Africa. Hikers will find a wide range of trails across the region with waterfalls, lakes and coastlines in abundance.
Reasons to buy
- This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series.
- These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destniantion market, in this case East Africa.
- Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in an up-and-coming tourist destination.
- Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
- Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
- Countries of East Africa
- Country Snapshots
- East Africa in 2019
- Key Trends
- Key Projects
- New International Flights
- Types of Tourism
- Wellness tourism
- Adventure and Eco-tourism
- Beach tourism
- Country Focus: Mozambique
- Country Focus: Mauritius
- Country Focus: Madagascar
- Regional Risk and SWOT Analysis