Data Centers and Utilities - Thematic Research
Cloud computing, machine learning, augmented reality, internet TV, the Internet of Things, robotics, cryptocurrencies, voice, blockchain and cybersecurity. These are the big investment themes of tomorrow and they all have one thing in common: they generate huge amount of data.
Cisco estimates that the world generates 122 exabytes of internet data traffic per month. This data traffic is growing at 24% per annum and 82% of it is consumer generated. Most of this data traffic could be monetised via a rapidly growing band of hyperscale, internet-facing data centers around the world.
Inside this report, we look at the key players impacted by this theme, drilling down into the value chain and identifying winners and losers.
Reasons to buy
- This report analyses data center and utilities.
- The report highlights some of the global leaders and laggards in the data center industry and where do they sit in the value chain.
- It analyses the main trends across the global data center industry.
- It identifies the role of power utilities in the data center industry.
- It provides an industry analysis of the data center sector and highlights its mergers and acquisitions and timeline.
- It identifies public and private companies at the forefront of data center equipment industry.
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the present scenario and emerging market trends in the global data center industry.
- To gain insights of the global market leaders and challengers in the data center industry and where do they sit in the value chain.
- Extensive analysis of the role of power utilities in the data center sector.
- Major market players within the data center equipment industry are profiled in this report and their action plans are studied thoroughly, which aid in interpreting the competitive outlook of the data center sector.
- Industry growth drivers
- Hardware trends
- Software trends
- Industry analysis
- The Internet of Things, the cloud and AI are driving growth in the data center industry
- The mobile revolution is spreading all the way up to the data center
- Optimizing latency is the biggest challenge facing hyperscale data centers
- The fireworks are largely at the software level…
- Software defined networking could turn the networking industry upside down
- Role of power utilities will reduce as data centers move towards merchant PPAs, captive power generation or microgrids
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Winners and Losers
- Value chain
- Servers and storage
- Networking equipment
- Data center operators
- Companies section
- Public Companies
- Private companies
- Technology briefing
- A brief history of networking
- The OSI Model
- Our "Thematic" research methodology