Damodar Valley Corporation - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company’s key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC) is an energy utility. It generates, transmits, and supplies electricity; mines coal; manages water and conserves soil; and provides consultancy services. The company produces electricity from thermal and hydro sources. DVC promotes river systems, tourism, and dam rehabilitation and improvement. It carries out testing and analysis of electrical equipments, protective relays, and fault level calculation for relay setting and coordination, and system disturbances/total power failure/equipment failure. The company serves commercial, industrial, and export and power exchange customers in Damodar Valley and other regions. DVC is headquartered in Kolkata, West Bengal, India.
Damodar Valley Corporation Key Recent Developments
Nov 16,2017: Andrew Langstieh resigns as DVC chairman
Jun 25,2017: Dhanbad-Chandrapura railway track closure affects 2,400MW of power generation capacity in India
Mar 23,2017: Rural Electrification signs MoU with DVC for long term financial assistance
Feb 23,2017: India's Bokaro coal-fired power plant adds another 500MW unit
Aug 10,2016: BGR Energy Systems: UpdatesReasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report’s detailed insight into the company’s strategic, business and operational performance.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.