Cyber Security - Global Thematic Research
The world has entered the era of the Code War where every digital device, however small and innocuous, can be “weaponised” - as the recent Dyn cyber-attack aptly illustrated - to send “rogue code” deep into the Internet's engine room to create mayhem.
Cybersecurity is critical to almost every business. Yet it is a non-core competence for most boards. The frequency of high profile corporate data breaches may accelerate because CEOs are not sufficiently trained in cyber risks.
Almost every cyber-breach is an “inside job” - whether malicious or accidental - so real-time behavioural analytics is becoming increasingly important as a defense.
Insidt this report, we look at the evolution, nature, growth in cybersecurity technologies and threat.
Reasons to buy
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
- Changing nature of cyber threats
- Evolution of key cybersecurity technologies
- Industry growth drivers
- Corporate governance trends
- Wider industry trends
- Value chain
- Where does cybersecuritysit in the Big Data value chain?
- What are the key cybersecurity technologies?
- Network security
- Unified threat management
- Artificial intelligence
- Deception based cyber defences (subset of AI)
- Behavioural analytics (subset of AI)
- Security information and event management
- Endpoint security
- Mobile security (subset of endpoint security)
- Data security
- Application security
- Email security
- Cloud security
- Managed security services
- Post-breach consultancy services
- Which of these cyber technologies are the most important?
- Industry analysis
- Cyber risk
- Investment landscape
- Today's cybersecurity paradigm
- Human factors
- Deep learning as a cybersecurity solution
- Rest of world
- Industry size and growth forecasts
- M&A activity
- Public Companies List
- Private companies
- Cybersecurity scorecard
- Who's who in scorecard
- Table Who does what in the cybersecurity space
- Thematic screen
- Table Thematic screen ranks companies on the basis of overall technology leadership in the ten technology cycles that matter most to the cybersecurity industry, generating a leading indicator of earnings growth.
- Valuation screen
- Table Valuation screen ranks companies within the cybersecurity sector on consensus valuation metrics.
- Risk Screen
- Table Risk screen ranks companies within the cybersecurity industry on overall investment risk.
- Technology briefing
- Appendix: Our "Thematic" research methodology
- Table Five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard