Country Profile: Wine Sector in Argentina
Argentina accounted for a volume share of 4.1% of the global Wine sector and 53.1% in the regional (Latin America) sector, in 2016. The volume consumption of wine in Argentina declined during 2011-2016. It is expected to further decline at a CAGR of 1.6% during 2016-2021. The decline can be attributed to high inflation rate, lower consumer spending and rise in unemployment rate in the country. Per capita consumption of wine stood at 31.5literscompared to the global and Latin America levels of6.2liters and 6.7liters, respectively, in 2016.
Still Wine was the largest with value sales of ARS23,717.4 Million (US$1,611 Million) in 2016. Fortified Wine is expected to register fastest growth at a CAGR of 8% during 2016-2021, compared to Sparkling Wine and Still Wine (2.9%) during the same period.
Food & Drinks Specialists was the leading distribution channel in the Argentine Wine sector, accounting for a volume share of 43.9% in 2016, followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and On-trade transactions, with volume shares of 32.2% and 17.8%, respectively, in the same year. Glass was the most commonly used package material in the Argentine Wine sector with a share of 91.4% in 2016. It was followed by Paper & Board with a share of 8.6%.
Toro, with a volume share of 19.4%, was the leading brand in 2016. It was followed by Termidor and Uvita with shares of 7.1% and 5.9%, respectively. The consumption of Wine was higher among the male population in 2016 compared to females. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Consumers accounted for the largest share of 42.9%, followed by Pre-Mid-Lifers with a 19.9% share.
The report Country Profile: Wine Sector in Argentina provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Fortified Wine, Sparkling Wine and Still Wine with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, and others.
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Rigid Plastics, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle, Stand Up Pouch, Bag-In-Box, Carton-Liquid and Can.
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A., Bodegas Y Viñedos Pascual Toso S.A., Diageo PLC, UK, Federico De Alvear, Freixenet (Dws) Ltd, LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, Pernod Ricard SA, Trivento Winery, bodegas y vinedos robino y cia sa, Bodega Norton S.A., Bodega Suter, Bodegas Chandon S.A., Bodegas Y Viñedos Florio Y Cia, Finca La Celia, Molinos Rio De La Plata, Trapiche Argentina, Valentin Bianchi, Viñedos Y Bodegas Sainte Sylvie, S.A., bodegas y vinedos garbin sa, bodegas y vinedos lopez sacavas de santa maria sa, fecovita coop ltda, felix lavaque sa, grupo penaflor sa, rpb saScope
Reasons to buy
- The Wine sector in Argentina is forecast to grow at 3.4% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Per capita consumption in Still wine market high in Argentina compared to the other markets
- Food & Drinks Specialists is the largest distribution channel in Argentinian Wine sector
- Toro accounts for the leading share in Argentinian Wine sector
- Glass is the most commonly used package material in Argentinian Wine sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Wine consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.