Country Profile: Spirits Sector in Bulgaria
Bulgarian Spirits sector accounted for a volume share of 0.3% of the global market and 2.8% of the regional (Eastern Europe) market, in 2016. The sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.5% during 2016-2021. Growing disposable income of consumers, which is enabling them to indulge more in good quality, especially in premium segments of spirits is driving the Bulgarian Spirits sector. Per capita consumption stood at 14 liters compared to the global and Eastern Europe levels of 6.4 liters and 10.4 liters, respectively, in 2016.
Specialty Spirits was the largest with value sales of Lv948.4 Million (US$536 Million) in 2016. Whiskey is expected to grow the fastest at a CAGR of 4.9% compared to Brandy (0.6%), Gin & Genever (0.6%), Liqueurs Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila & Mezcal and Vodka (0.5%).
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for the largest volume share of 33.4% in the distribution of Spirits. It was followed by Food & Drinks Specialists and On-trade transactions with shares of 26.5% and 24.7%, respectively, in the same year. Glass is the most commonly used package material in the Bulgarian Spirits sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 99.5%, followed by Flexible Packaging with 0.5% share.
Consumption of Spirits was higher among the male population in 2016 compared to females. Consumption of Spirits was also high among Bulgarian consumers who attended Upper Secondary school in the same year. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Consumers and Older Young Adults together accounted for a 57.5% share in 2016. The top five brands in the Bulgarian Spirits sector accounted for 42% volume share in 2016.
The report Country Profile: Spirits Sector in Bulgaria provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Gin & Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila & Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle and Stand Up Pouch.
Black Sea Gold, Martell, Martell, Courvoisier, Troyan, Burgas, Pomorie, Nordix, Metaxa, Karnobat, Kehlibar, Slivenska Perla, Yambolska, Gordon's, Tanqueray, Five stars, Beefeater, Savoy's, Siks Sens, Targovishte, Finsbury London Dry, Hendrick's, Jägermeister, Baileys, Sheridan's, Mirtilli, Amaretto.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Of the eight markets, Specialty Spirits is the largest by value sales in 2016
- Per capita consumption stood higher in Bulgaria compared to the global and regional level in 2016
- Whiskey is expected to grow fastest in value terms during 2016-2021
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel for Spirits in Bulgaria
- Peshtera is the leading brand by volume in 2016
- Glass is the most commonly used package material in the Bulgarian Spirits sector.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Spirits consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.