Country Profile: Make-Up Sector in Canada
Canadian Make-Up sector accounted for a volume share of 2.9% of the global market and 7.38% of the regional (North America) market, in 2016. The sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6% during 2016-2021. More women are entering the workforce and have increasing purchasing power, which means Canadian women are buying more Make-Up products. Per capita consumption stood at 4.44 units compared to the global and North America levels of 1.08 units and 6.06 units, respectively, in 2016.
Eye Make-Up was the largest with value sales of C$515.4 Million (US$388.8 Million) in 2016. However, Nail Make-Up is expected to grow the fastest at a CAGR of 5% compared to Eye Make-Up, Lip Make-Up (4.7%), and Face Make-Up.
Department Stores were the leading distribution channel in the Canadian Make-Up sector, accounting for a total value share of 34% in 2016. It was followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and Drug Stores & Pharmacies with shares of 31.4% and 14.3%, respectively, in the same year. In 2016, Rigid Plastics was the most commonly used package material in the Canadian Make-Up sector. It accounted for a share of 66.79%, followed by Glass and Flexible Packaging with shares of 30.11% and 3.07% respectively.
Top five brands in the Canadian Make-Up sector accounted for 48.5% value share in 2016. Consumption of Make-Up products is high among the female population. It is also high among Canadians who have received Tertiary education. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Consumers and Mid-Lifers together accounted for 47.13% share in 2016.
The report Country Profile: Make-Up Sector in Canada provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Eye Make-Up, Face Make-Up, Nail Make-Up, and Lip Make-Up with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Health & Beauty Stores, Department Stores, Drug Stores & Pharmacies, and others
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Rigid Plastics, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging, and others; pack type data for: Specialty Container, Tube, Jar and Tub.
Coty, Inc., Procter & Gamble, Cargo Cosmetics Corp., Mary Kay, Inc., Revlon, Inc., The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., L`Oreal S.A., Clarins Group, Vasanti Cosmetics, LiseWatierCosmetiques Inc., Amway Corporation, Chanel S.A., Elizabeth Arden, Inc., CosnovaGmbh, Avon Products, Inc., Shiseido Company, Limited, GropuMarcelle, LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, Yves Rocher International, Physician`s Formula, Inc.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Make-Up sector in Canada is forecast to grow at 4.6% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021.
- Per capita consumption of Make-Up is higher in Canada compared to the global level.
- Department Stores is the largest distribution channel in the Canadian Make-Up sector.
- Maybelline accounts for the leading share in the Canadian Make-Up sector.
- Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used package material in Canada’s Make-Up sector.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Make-Up consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.