Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in India
Indian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector accounted for a volume share of 11.6% of the global sector and 25.4% of the regional (Asia Pacific) sector, in 2016. The sector is valued at INR93,350.8 million (US$1,389 million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.9% during 2016-2021.
Rising urbanisation levels, increasing disposable income and rapid growth in the modern retail channels are creating an urge among consumer to experiment with western and other traditional cuisines. This is driving the demand for seasonings, dressings and sauces in the country. However, the share of India in the regional Seasonings,
Dressings & Sauces sector is forecast to decline to 22.9% by 2021. This can be attributed to higher growth in other neighbouring countries in the Asia Pacific region. Per capita consumption of seasonings, dressings and sauces stood low at 2.1kg when compared to the global and Asia Pacific levels of 4.5kg and 3.2kg, respectively, in 2016.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Indian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector, accounting for a total value share of 70.7% in 2016. The share of all major distribution channels increased marginally from 2011 levels.
‘Food Intolerance’ is the most sought after Health & Wellness attributes in the Indian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector. Bajoria Foods, Dr. August Oetker and Del Monte are the leading companies which offer products with Health & Wellness attributes in India.
The report Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in India provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Bouillons & Stocks, Chutneys & Relishes, Condiment Sauces, Dips, Dressings, Dry Cooking Sauces, Herbs, Spices & Seasonings, Tomato Pastes and Purées, and, Wet Cooking Sauces with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Jar, Bottle, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tube.
Companies mentioned in this report: Everest Spices, Desai Brothers Ltd., Nestle S.A., Mdh Limited, Eastern Condiments Pvt. Ltd., Eastern Condiments Pvt. Ltd., Ushodaya Enterprises Pvt. Ltd., Unilever Plc, Aachi Masala Foods (P) Ltd, Ds Group, Sakthi Masala, Sakthi Masala, Badshah Masala, Dr. August Oetker Kg, RAMDEV FOOD PRODUCTS PVT. LTD., Dabur India Limited, Nilon`s, Orkla Group, V. P. Bedekar & Sons Private Limited, Itc Limited, Krishna Chandra Dutta (Spice) Pvt. Ltd., Adf Foods Ltd., CavinKare Group, Capital Foods Limited, Tops India, Kohinoor Food Ltd., Tata Sons Limited, Shan Food Industries, 24 Mantra Organic, The Kraft Heinz Company, K-pra Foods, Cremica Group, Asenar Spices, Rajah Spices, Patanjali ayurved.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in India is forecast to grow at 7.8% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Tomato Pastes and Purées, with a high growth rate and low market share, provides significant opportunity to manufacturers
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the largest distribution channel, with more than two-third of the value share in sector distribution
- Everest Spices, Desai Brothers Ltd. and Nestle S.A. are the leading brand in the Indian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Indian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.