Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in the UAE
UAE Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector accounted for a volume share of 0.12% of the global market and 5.92% of the regional (Middle East & Africa) market, in 2016. Increasing immigrant’s population in the UAE is driving the demand for multi-culinary food traditions in the country and thereby leads the Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in the country to grow further. The demand for Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces in the UAE is expected to increase and, consequently, its volume share in the Middle East & Africa region will rise from 5.92% in 2016 to 6.46% by 2021.
Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector is valued at AED682.6 million (US$185.9 million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.2% during 2016-2021. Per capita consumption stood at 3.1kg when compared to the global and Middle East & Africa levels of 4.5kg and 2.4kg, respectively, in 2016.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the UAE Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector, accounting for a total value share of 56.4% in 2016. The share of all major distribution channels increased marginally from 2011 levels. The UAE Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector is partly fragmented with the top five players accounting for 32.1% of the market share by value in 2016. Private labels accounted for9.9% share by value in the same year.
The report Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in the UAE provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Bouillons & Stocks, Chutneys & Relishes, Condiment Sauces, Dips, Dressings, Dry Cooking Sauces, Herbs, Spices & Seasonings, Tomato Pastes and Purées, and, Wet Cooking Sauces with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Jar, Bottle, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tube.
Companies mentioned in this report: The Kraft Heinz Company, The Bajoria Foods Pvt Ltd, Nestle S.A., Bassamh Marketing Co Ltd, Unilever Plc, Arab & India Spices, Eastern Condiments Pvt. Ltd., Rashwell Company Llc, Campbell Soup Company, The French`s Food Company LLC, Kikkoman Corporation, Nando`s, Mama Sita`s Holding Co. Inc, IFFCO, Ach Food Companies, Inc., Monty & Totco Co Ltd, Paarman Foods, California Garden Products Inc, Mizkan Group Corporation, Shan Food Industries, Gyma Food Industries., Acetifici Italiani Modena S.R.L., Mccormick & Company, Inc., Ushodaya Enterprises Pvt. Ltd., Newman`s Own Inc, Cortas Canning & Refrigerating Company SAL, Saclà S.P.A, King Belly, General Mills, Inc., Mehran Spices & Food Industries, Shama Food Industries Ltd, Natco Foods, Chtoura, Premier Foods Group Limited.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The UAE Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector is forecast to grow at 8.2% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Tomato Pastes and Purées, with a high growth rate and low market share, provides significant opportunity to manufacturers
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the largest distribution channel, with more half of the value share in sector distribution
- The Kraft Heinz Company, The Bajoria Foods Pvt Ltd and Nestle S.A. are the leading brand in the UAE Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector
- Glass is the most commonly used packaging material in the UAE Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.