Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in the Philippines
Filipino Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector accounted for a value share of 1.7% of the global market and 3.7% of the regional (APAC) market, in 2016. Despite a projected rise in market volume, the volume share of Philippines in the APAC region is expected to decline to 3.7% share in 2016, mainly due to higher volume growth rate in the neighbouring countries.
Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector is valued at PHP 42,273.1 million (US$890.1 million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2016-2021. Per capita consumption stood at 3.8kg when compared to the global and APAC levels of 4.5kg and 3.2kg, respectively, in 2016.
Convenience Stores is the leading distribution channel in the Filipino Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector, accounting for a total value share of 64.9% in 2016. The share of
Food & Drinks Specialists and Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs increased marginally from 2011 levels. The Filipino Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector is partly consolidated with the top five players accounting for 36.9% of the market share by value in 2016. Private labels accounted for 1.7% share by value in the same year.
Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Food Minus’ & ‘Naturally Healthy’ and consumer benefits such as ‘General Wellbeing’ & ‘Health Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Filipino Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector.
Glass is the most commonly used packaging material in the Filipino Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 36.1%, followed by Flexible Packaging, Rigid Plastics and Rigid Metals with shares of 34.4%, 25.6 and 2.2% respectively.
The report Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in the Philippines provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Bouillons & Stocks, Chutneys & Relishes, Condiment Sauces, Dips, Dressings, Dry Cooking Sauces, Herbs, Spices & Seasonings, Tomato Pastes and Purées, and, Wet Cooking Sauces with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Jar, Bottle, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tube.
Companies mentioned in this report: Nestle S.A.,Unilever Plc,HDR Foods Corporation,Bull head,Cracked,H. J. Heinz Company,Lee Kum Kee,Lorenzana Food Corporation,Mama Sita`s Holding Co. Inc,Nutriasia Group,Silver Swan Manufacturing Co,The Kraft Heinz Company,McIlhenny Company,Del Monte Foods Company,Golden Hands Manufacturing Inc,Lee Kum Kee,Tentay Food Sauces,Nutriasia Group,Ajinomoto Group,Panos Brands.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Filipino Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector grew at a CAGR of 4.4% during 2011-2016 and is forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2016-2021.
- The per capita consumption of seasonings, dressings & sauces is higher in the Philippines compared to Asia-Pacific levels
- Condiment Sauces is the largest market in both value and volume terms
- Condiment Sauces is the most lucrative market with a high market share in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2016-2021.
- Per capita consumption of Condiment Sauces in the Philippines is noticeably high when compared to global and regional levels
- Knorr is the leading brand in the Filipino Bouillons & Stocks market in both value and volume terms
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.