Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in Sweden
Swedish Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector accounted for a volume share of 0.34% of the global sector and 2.27% of the regional (Western Europe) sector, in 2016. The sector is valued at Skr6,281.4 million (US$733.4 million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.1% during 2016-2021.
The urge for new taste preferences among consumers, and adaptation of new culinary traditions from other parts of the world are the key growth drivers in the Swedish Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector. Per capita consumption of seasonings, dressings and sauces stood at 7.89kg when compared to the global and Western European levels of 4.51kg and 8.40kg, respectively, in 2016.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Swedish Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector, accounting for a total value share of 69.8% in 2016. This is followed by Convenience Stores and Food & Drinks Specialists, which accounted for 19.5% and 5.1%, respectively, during the same year.
Demand for reduced fat seasonings, dressings and sauces is increasing with rising obesity rates amongst Swedish consumer. Orkla Group is the leading company that offers Health & Wellness attributed products in Dressings and Condiment Sauces markets.
Sweden’s GDP per capita grew at a CAGR of 2.7% during 2011-2016 to reach Skr439,530.5 in 2016. Growing Swedish economy has a positive influence on the Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector.
The report Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in Sweden provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Bouillons & Stocks, Chutneys & Relishes, Condiment Sauces, Dips, Dressings, Dry Cooking Sauces, Herbs, Spices & Seasonings, Tomato Pastes and Purées, and, Wet Cooking Sauces with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Jar, Bottle, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tube.
Companies mentioned in this report: Continental Foods, Unilever Plc, Kung Markatta AB, Kavli Holding AS, Björnekulla Food AB, Orkla Group, Ab World Foods Ltd, Arla Foods, H. J. Heinz Company, Haugen-Gruppen As, Paulig Group, The Kraft Heinz Company, Campbell Soup Company, Lohmander AB, McIlhenny Company, Rydbergs, Kraft Foods Group Inc., Lyckeby Culinar AB, Mutti S.P.A, Kikkoman Corporation, Atria Plc, Estrella Maarud Holding AS, Findus Group Limited, Ken`s Foods, Inc, Fontana, Glenn Stromberg, Zeta, The chef AB, A Vogel, Ardita, EKO Ltd., Eldorado S.A., Sun Valley Foods, Ach Food Companies, Inc., Mars, Incorporated, Lantmännen Cerealia A / S, Barilla G. & R. Fratelli.Scope
Reasons to buy
- In the Swedish Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector, Wet Cooking Sauces is the largest market by value
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the sector
- The Sweden's Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector is partly fragmented
- Santa Maria , is the leading player in the sector in value terms
- Glass is the most commonly used packaging material used in the sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.