Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in Colombia
Colombian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector accounted for a volume share of 0.38% of the global market and 6.5% of the regional (Latin America) market, in 2016. The sector is valued at COL$1,096,451.3 million (US$360.1 million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% during 2016-2021.
Changing lifestyle and urge for new taste preferences among consumers, particularly among young population in country are driving the Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in Colombia. Seasonings, dressings and sauces are also gaining popularity among Colombians who look to reproduce restaurant-quality food at home. With increasing demand for Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces in Colombia, the country’s volume share in Latin America is forecast to rise from 6.5% in 2016 to 6.6% by 2021. Per capita consumption stood at 1.8kg when compared to the global and Latin America levels of 4.5kg and 3.6kg, respectively, in 2016.
Convenience Stores is the leading distribution channel in the Colombian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector, accounting for a total value share of 41.9% in 2016.The share of all major distribution channels increased marginally from 2011 levels. The Colombian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector is partly consolidated with the top five players accounting for 44.1% of the market share by value in 2016. Fruco is the leading brand with 13.2% share by value in the same year.
Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Naturally Healthy’ &‘Food Minus’ and consumer benefits such as ‘Health Management’ & ‘Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Colombian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector. Colombia’s GDP per capita grew at a CAGR of 5.6% during 2011-2016 to reach COL$17,684,995.6 in 2016. Growing economy, increasing urbanization rate and a large base of young population are driving the Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in Colombia.
The report Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Bouillons & Stocks, Chutneys & Relishes, Condiment Sauces, Dips, Dressings, Dry Cooking Sauces, Herbs, Spices & Seasonings, Tomato Pastes and Purées, and, Wet Cooking Sauces with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Jar, Bottle, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tube.
Companies mentioned in this report: Todos los Derechos Reservados,Unilever Plc,Quala S.A.,Nestle S.A.,Quala S.A.,Al Fresco,Comapan Sa,H. J. Heinz Company,La Estrella,The Kraft Heinz Company,Victoria chutney,Al Fresco,Conagra Foods, Inc.,La Constancia,Levapan Sa,Mccormick & Company, Inc.,Safeway Inc,Salsa Aderezos,Conagra Foods, Inc.,BKK Australia Pty Ltd,Badia Spices Inc.,El Rey,McIlhenny Company,American Roland Food Corp,Condimentos Monserrate.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Colombia Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector grew at a CAGR of 5.8% during 2011-2016 and is forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 5.3% during 2016-2021.
- Condiment Sauces is the largest market in both value and volume terms
- Condiment Sauces is the most lucrative market with high market share, and high growth rate
- Knorr is the leading brand in the Colombian Bouillons & Stocks market
- The Colombian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector is partly consolidated with the top five players accounting for nearly 44.1% of the market share by value in 2016.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.