Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in Chile
Chilean Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector accounted for a volume share of 0.44% of the global market and 7.4% of the regional (Latin American) market, in 2016. The market share of Chile in the global and Latin American region is expected to decline to 0.42% and 7%, respectively, by 2021. Despite growth in the sector, the volume share in the global & Latin American region is expected to decline as the Chilean market grew at a relatively slow rate compared to other countries in the region.
Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector is valued at CLP$297,006.9 million (US$439 million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.2% during 2016-2021. Per capita consumption stood at 5.6kg when compared to the global and Latin American levels of 4.5kg and 3.6kg, respectively in 2016.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the Chilean Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector, accounting for a total value share of 65.4% in 2016. The share of Convenience Stores and eRetailers increased marginally from 2011 levels.
The top five players in the Chilean Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector accounted for 49.2% of the market share by value in 2016. Private labels accounted for 1.5% share by value in the same year. Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Free From’ and consumer benefits such as ‘Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Chilean Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector.
Glass is the most commonly used packaging material in the Chilean Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 65.4%, followed by Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging and Paper & Board with shares of 24.8%, 5.6% and 3%, respectively.
The report Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in Chile provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials,
types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Bouillons & Stocks, Chutneys & Relishes, Condiment Sauces, Dips, Dressings, Dry Cooking Sauces, Herbs, Spices & Seasonings, Tomato Pastes and Purées, and, Wet Cooking Sauces with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Jar, Bottle, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tube.
Companies mentioned in this report: Good Food Sa,Unilever Plc,Nestle S.A.,Tresmontes Lucchetti S.A.,Icb S.A.,Mickelsen Gourmet,H. J. Heinz Company,The Kraft Heinz Company,Carl Kühne Kg (Gmbh & Co.),General Mills, Inc.,Hengstenberg Gmbh & Co. Kg,Valle del Norte Ltda,Beam Suntory, Inc.,Conagra Foods, Inc.,Exotic Food Co., Ltd.,Mccormick & Company, Inc.,Carozzi S.A.,Traverso SA,Maximo Rucik Chile,McIlhenny Company,Carl Kühne Kg (Gmbh & Co.),The French`s Food Company LLC,Unilever Plc,Empresas Carozzi S.A.,Bruce Foods Corporation.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Chilean Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector grew at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2011-2016 and is forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 3.2% during 2016-2021.
- The per capita consumption of Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces is high in Chile compare to Global and regional levels
- Dips, with a high growth rate and low market share, provides significant potential to manufacturers
- Per capita consumption of Dressings is significantly high in Chile when compared with regional and global levels
- Hellmann`s is the leading brand in the Chilean Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in both value and volume terms
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.