Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in Peru
Peruvian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector accounted for a volume share of 0.2% of the global market and 3.4% of the regional (Latin America) market, in 2016. The Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector is valued at S/.893.1million (US$264.6 million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4% during 2016-2021.Despite growth in the Peruvian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector, the country’s share in the global and regional sector declined during the past five years.
A similar trend is expected during the forecast period (2016-2021). This is mainly due to the higher growth in the neighboring countries, such as Argentina and Colombia. Per capita consumption stood at 1.46kg when compared to the global and Latin America levels of 4.51kg and 3.62kg, respectively, in 2016.
Convenience Stores are the leading distribution channel in the Peruvian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector, accounting for a total value share of 56.7% in 2016. This is followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and Food & Drinks Specialists, which accounted for 36.5% and 3%respectively, during the same year.
Glass is the most commonly used packaging material in the Peruvian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 36.3%, followed by Flexible Packaging, Rigid Plastics and Paper & Board with shares of 28.8%, 21.9% and 10.4% respectively.
The report Country Profile: Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in Peru provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Bouillons & Stocks, Chutneys & Relishes, Condiment Sauces, Dips, Dressings, Dry Cooking Sauces, Herbs, Spices & Seasonings, Tomato Pastes and Purées, and, Wet Cooking Sauces with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Jar, Bottle, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tube.
Companies mentioned in this report: Ajinomoto Group, Nestle S.A., Unilever Plc, Shurfine, Stollenwerk, Conagra Foods, Inc., Mondelez International Inc, Multifoods. Inc., Valle Fertil S.A., Kikkoman Corporation, Alicorp S.A.A., Lee Kum Kee, Compass Group Florida, Hengstenberg Gmbh & Co. Kg, Libby`s, Apimas S.A.C, H. J. Heinz Company, The Kraft Heinz Company, Carl Kühne Kg (Gmbh & Co.), General Mills, Inc., , Mexi-Salsa, Productos Encurtidos S.A., 4 Estaciones, Alida Chiang, Badia Spices Inc., Karino, Salsas Sibarita Es, Emsal, Del Monte Foods Company, Mizkan Group Corporation, Barilla G. & R. Fratelli, Carozzi S.A., Colussi S.p.A.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Peruvian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 4% during 2016-2021.
- Of the Nine markets, Dressings is the largest market by value in 2016.
- The per capita consumption of seasonings, dressings & sauces products in the country is lower compared to global and regional levels in 2016
- The Peruvian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector is consolidated with the top five players accounting for nearly 33.3% of the market share by value in 2016.
- Convenience Stores is the leading distribution channel for the sector, accounting for a total value share of 63.6% in 2016.
- Glass is the most commonly used packaging material in the country.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.