Country Profile: Savory Snacks Sector in Spain
Spanish Savory Snacks sector accounted for a volume share of 2.3% of the global market and 16.8% of the regional (Western Europe) market in 2016. The sector was valued at €2,411.1 Million (US$2,665.6 Million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4% during 2016-2021. Improving economy, growing employment rate and increasing busy lifestyles and hence growing demand for easy snacking options are the primary factors driving the Savory Snacks sector in Spain. Per capita consumption stood at 5.7kg when compared to the global and Western Europe levels of 2.2kg and 3.8kg, respectively, in 2016.
Potato Chips was the largest with value sales of €701.7 Million (US$775.7 Million) in 2016. Furthermore, Nuts and Seeds is expected to register the fastest value growth at a CAGR of 4.6% during 2016-2021 compared to Ethnic/Traditional Snacks (2.9%), Meat Snacks (2.9%), Popcorn (2.5%), Pretzels (3%), and Processed Snacks (4.1%), Potato Chips (4.2%).
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Spanish Savory Snacks sector, accounting for a total value share of 62.5% in 2016. It was followed by Convenience Stores and Food & Drinks Specialists with 23.5% and 7.3% value shares, respectively, in the same year. Flexible Packaging was the most commonly used package material in the Spanish Savory Snacks sector with a volume share of 96.25% in 2016, followed by Paper & Board and Rigid Plastics with 2.01% and 1.64% shares respectively.
Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Food Intolerance’ and ‘Food Minus’ and consumer benefits such as ‘Health Management’ and ‘Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Spanish Savory Snacks sector. Consumption of Savory Snacks is high among the male population. Moreover, consumption is particularly high among those Spanish consumers who received Post-Secondary-Non Tertiary education. In terms of consumption by age group, Kids & Babies and Older Consumers together accounted for a 47.2% share in 2016.
The report Country Profile: Savory Snacks Sector in Spain provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market Data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Market Coverage: Value and growth analysis for Ethnic/Traditional Snacks, Meat Snacks, Nuts and Seeds, Popcorn, Potato Chips, Pretzels and Processed Snacks with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading Players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution Data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging Data: Consumption breakdown for package materials and pack type in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Metal, and Rigid Plastics, and others; pack type data for: Bag/Sachet, Film, Stand Up Pouch, Can, Speciality container, Tray, and Jar.
Aperitivos Flaper Sa,Galletas Gullón S.A., Grefusa S.L., Palacios Chorizo Company, Yang Tse, Borges Mediterranean Group, CASA PONS USA, INC, Darama, FRUMESA S.L,Facundo,Blanco S.A., Frit Ravich S.L., Frutos secos Loyz-Mar, S.L. Pol., Gancedo, Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V., Grupo El Corte Ingles, Macadamia, Medina Golazo, Paño Nature, PepsiCo, San Blas, Son Sanchez S.L., Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds LLC, Fritoper SL, Importaco, McCainScope
Reasons to buy
- The Spanish Savory Snacks sector accounted for a volume share of 16.8% of the regional (Western Europe) market in 2016.
- The sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4% during 2016-2021.
- Of the seven markets, Potato Chips was the largest market in 2016, while Nuts and Seeds is expected to register the fastest value growth at a CAGR of 4.6% during 2016-2021.
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Spanish Savory Snacks sector
- The top five brands in the Spanish Savory Snacks sector accounted for 28.5% value share in 2016.
- Flexible Packaging was the most commonly used package material.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Savory Snacks products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.