Country Profile: Hot Drinks Sector in Hungary
Hungarian Hot Drinks Sector accounted for a volume share of about 0.1% of the global market and around 1.5% of the regional (Eastern Europe) market in 2016. The sector was valued at about US$230 million in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of over 3% during 2016-2021. Growth in the sector is driven by growing economy coupled with rising disposable income in the country. Furthermore, increasing employment rate and growing café culture are also aiding the growth of the sector. Per capita consumption of Hot Drinks products stood at around 1.5kg, which is lower when compared to the global and Eastern Europe levels of around 2kg and 3kg, respectively, in 2016.
Hot Coffee was the largest category with value sales of about US$125 million in 2016. The market is expected to grow the fastest at a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period (2016-2021), while other categories such as Hot Drinks and Hot Tea are expected to record CAGRs of around 3% and around 2% respectively.
Convenience Stores account for a leading share in the distribution of Hot Drinks in Hungary. It accounted for over 42% share in 2016, followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and Food & Drinks Specialists with about 40% and around 7.5% shares, respectively. On-trade transactions held a value share of over 3% in the same year. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used package material in the Hungarian Hot Drinks Sector. In 2016, it accounted for a share of over 43%, followed by Paper & Board and Glass with shares of around 35% and over 13%, respectively.
Pickwick is the leading brand in the Hungarian Hot Drinks Sector. It held a value share of close to 9% in 2016, while the top five brands in the sector accounted for a combined share of nearly 35% in the same year. The consumption of Hot Drinks is high among the female population in Hungary. Moreover, consumption is particularly high among those consumers who received Upper Secondary education. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Consumers accounted for nearly 35% share in 2016.
The report Country Profile: Hot Drinks Sector in Hungary, provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Hot Coffee, Hot Tea and Other Hot drinks with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Carton, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Bottle, Jar and Stand Up Pouch
DE MASTER BLENDERS 1753 NV, Jacobs Douwe Egberts, Kraft Foods, Luigi Lavazza, Mondelez International, Inc, Sara Lee Corporation, Tchibo GmbH, Zino Davidoff SA, illycaffè spa, Maspex Wadowice Group, Nestle, Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group, Apeejay Surrendra Group, Associated British Foods Plc, Bernard Matthews Foods Limited, Biopont Kft, Gilamar Enterprises Inc., Greenfield Tea Ltd, GÁRDONYI TEAHÁZ, Herbapharma Ltd., Herbaria, Laurens Spethmann Holding AG & Co, Mama Gyognovenyei,Mediate sro,NATURLAND Magyarország Kft, Reflex Kft, Teekanne, The Minosegvar Kft, Unilever, Bakker Holland Hungary Kft, Bio city, Bonbonetti Choco Kft., Chocolatera De Jalisco Sa, Suchard ExpressScope
Reasons to buy
- The Hot Drinks sector in Hungary accounted for volume share of 1.5% in the Eastern European region
- The top five brands accounting for a 34.6% share in 2016.
- Hungary ranks first on the extent of fragmentation
- Hot Coffee is the largest market in both value and volume terms in the Hungarian Hot Drinks sector
- The Hot Coffee market is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021
- Pickwick leads the Hungarian Hot Drinks sector in value terms.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Hot Drinks products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the sector that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.