Country Profile: Hot Drinks Sector in Indonesia
Hot Drinks Sector accounted for a volume share of 3% of the global market and 8.31% of the regional (Asia-Pacific) market in 2016. The sector was valued at Rp25,747,855.9 million (US$1,934.7 million) in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 7% during 2016-2021. Increasing disposable income of consumers and growing tea and coffee culture in the country are the key growth drivers in the Indonesian Hot Drinks Sector .Per capita consumption of Hot Drinks products stood at 1.3kg, which is lower when compared to the global level (2.17kg) but was higher when compared to regional level (1.21kg), in 2016.
Hot Coffee was the largest with value sales of Rp11,560,647.2 million (US$868.7 million) in 2016. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period (2016-2021), while Hot Tea and Other Hot Drinks are expected to record CAGRs of 8.6% and 7.1% respectively.
In 2016, Convenience Stores accounted for the leading value share of 57.4% in the distribution of Hot Drinks in Indonesia. It was followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets with a 29.8% value share, while On-trade transactions accounted for a share of 6.3%.
Paper & Board was the most commonly used package material in the Indonesian Hot Drinks sector, with a share of 48.7%, in 2016. It was followed by Flexible Packaging and Glass with shares of 42% and 6.6%, respectively. Consumption of Hot Drinks is high among men compared to women. In terms of consumption by age group, Kids & Babies and Older Young Adults together account for 39.2% share in 2016.
Nescafé led the sector in value terms accounting for 11.3% share, in 2016. It was followed by Sosroand Indocafe with value shares of 6.8% and 5.7% respectively. In volume terms, Sosro led the sector with 6.9% share in 2016. It was followed by Nescafé, which accounted for 3.8% share, followed by Dancowwith 3.7% share, in the same year.
The report Country Profile:
Hot Drinks Sector in Indonesia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Hot Coffee, Hot Tea and Other Hot drinks with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Carton, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Bottle, Jar and Stand Up Pouch.
PT Kapal Api Global, Ayam Merak PT., JAVABICA ANEKA RESOURCES, PT, Jacobs Douwe Egberts, Kapal Api Group., Kraft Foods, Mi-Won group Indonesia, Mondelez International, Inc, Nestle, PT JAVAPRIMA ABADI, PT Mayora Indah, PT Wings , ood, Sari Incofood Corporation, Sidomuncul, Singa Coffee Company- Indonesia, PT Citra , Nusa Insan Cemerlang, PT. Toraja Setia Indonesia, Ahmad Tea, Associated British Foods Plc, PT Gopek Cipta Utama, PT. Duta Serpack Inti, PT. GUNUNG SUBUR, PT. Gunung Slamat, PT. Mustika Ratu Tbk, PT. Perkebunan Nusantara VII.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Of the three markets, Hot Coffee was the largest in value terms, in 2016
- Hot Tea is expected to grow the fastest at a during 2016-2021
- The per capita consumption of Hot Drinks is lower in India compared to the global level
- Convenience Stores accounts for a leading value share in the distribution of Hot Drinks in Indonesia
- Nescafé is the leading brand in the Indonesian Hot Drinks Sector
- Paper & Board is the most commonly used package material in the Indian Hot Drinks Sector, in 2016.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Hot Drinks products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the sector that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.