Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in Venezuela
Dairy & Soy Food sector accounted for a volume share of 0.40% of the global market and 3.5% of the regional (Latin America) market in 2016. The volume consumption is expected to decline from 1,045.3 million kg in 2016 to 1,044 million kg by 2021, registering a negative CAGR of 0.03% during 2016-2021. This can be attributed to decrease in purchasing power of Venezuelans, price regulation on dairy products and high inflation rate in the country. Per capita consumption of Dairy & Soy Food products stood at 33.7kg when compared to the global and Latin America levels of 50kg and 77.8kg, respectively, in 2016.
Cheese is the largest with value sales of Bs60,121.9 million (US$676.4 million) in 2016. Furthermore, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 55.1% during the forecast period (2016-2021), while the Milk market is expected to record the fastest CAGR of 60.1% during the same period.
Convenience Stores accounted for the leading share of 32.8% in the distribution of Dairy & Soy Food products in Venezuela, in 2016. It was followed by On-trade transactions with 23.7% share, while Food & Drinks Specialists and Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for shares of 19.6% and 18.3%, respectively. Flexible Packaging was the most commonly used packaging material in Venezuela’s Dairy & Soy Food sector with a share of 48% in 2016. It was followed by Rigid Plastics and Rigid Metal with shares of 33% and 10.8% respectively.
Consumption of Dairy & Soy Food is high among men compared to women. In terms of consumption by age group, Kids & Babies and Early Young Adults together accounted for 51.5% share in 2016.
Artisanal Producers accounted for a value share of 11.5% in 2016. It was followed by Paisa and Flor De Aragua with value shares of 6.1% and 4.8% respectively. In volume terms, La Pastoreña accounted for 7.2% share in 2016. It was followed by Los Andes and Omela with shares of 6.7% and 6.2%, respectively, in the same year.
The report Country Profile:
Dairy & Soy Food Sector in Venezuela provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Butter & Spreadable Fats, Cheese, Cream, Dairy-Based & Soy-Based Desserts, Drinkable Yogurt, Fromage Frais & Quark, Milk, Soymilk & Soy Drinks, and Yogurt with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and container types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Carton, Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Wrapper, Bottle, and Tube.
Arla Foods, Empresas Carozzi S.A., Unilever Plc, Alpina SA, Artisanal Producers, Empresas Polar SA, Groupe Lactalis, Kraft Foods Group, Inc., Pasteurizadora Aguascalientes, SA De CV, Productos Lácteos Camperlac, S.C. De R.L. De C.V, The Kraft Heinz Company, BRF S.A., Industrias Zuly Milk, C.A., Kemco, C.A., Nestle S.A., Convelac, C.A., General De Alimentos Nisa, Ca, Grupo San Simon, Lácteos los Andes, C.A., Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., Casa Santiveri S.I., Dean Foods Company, The Whitewave Foods Company.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Dairy & Soy Food sector in Venezuela is forecast to grow at 56.3% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- The Per capita consumption in the Milk market is higher compared to other markets in Venezuela
- Convenience Stores is the largest distribution channel in the Venezuela's Dairy & Soy Food sector
- Artisanal Producers leads the in the Venezuelian Dairy & Soy Food sector in both value and volume terms
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Dairy & Soy Food products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.