Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in the US
US Dairy & Soy Food sector accounted for a volume share of 12.1% of the global market and 68.5% of the regional (North America) market in 2016. The sector was valued at US$123,949.3 Million in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.3% during 2016-2021. Increasing demand for high proteins products among young adults and increasing participation of women in workforce are driving demand for ready-to-eat and portable dairy products in the US. Per capita consumption of Dairy & Soy Food products in the US stood at 96.2kg when compared to the global and North America levels of 50kg and 94.3kg, respectively, in 2016.
Cheese is the largest with value sales of US$59,340.6 Million in 2016. Furthermore, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.3% during the forecast period (2016-2021), while the Drinkable Yogurt market is expected to record the fastest CAGR of 6.7% during the same period.
On-trade transactions account for a leading share in the distribution of Dairy & Soy Food products in the US. In 2016, On-trade transactions held 48% value share, followed by Hypermarkets & Supermarkets with 40.8% share. Food & Drinks Specialists and Convenience Stores accounted for shares of 4.9% and 4.3%, respectively, in the same year. Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the US Dairy & Soy Food sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 70.9%, followed by Paper & Board and Flexible Packaging with shares of 14.4% and 12.5% respectively.
Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Food Minus’ and consumer benefits such as ‘Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the US Dairy & Soy Food sector. GDP per capita grew at a CAGR of 2.9% during 2011-2016 to reach US$57,342.8 in 2016. Growing US economy has a positive influence on the Dairy & Soy Food sector.
Land O` Lakes is the leading brand in value terms, while Horizon leads in volume terms in the US Dairy & Soy Food sector. The top five brands in the sector accounted for 16.9% value share, while private labels held 31.6% share by value in 2016.
The report Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in the US provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market Data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category Coverage: Value and growth analysis for Butter & Spreadable Fats, Cheese, Cream, Dairy-Based & Soy-Based Desserts, Drinkable Yogurt, Fromage Frais & Quark, Milk, Soymilk & Soy Drinks, and Yogurt with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading Players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution Data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging Data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and container types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Carton, Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Wrapper, Bottle, and Tube.
Dean Foods Company, The Kraft Heinz Company, The Whitewave Foods Company, Sargento Foods, Inc, Chobani, LLC, Danone Group, General Mills, Inc, The Whitewave Foods Company, Tillamook County Creamery Association, Swiss Valley Farms, Darigold Inc, Daisy Brand Llc, Borden, Inc, Unilever Plc, Dairymen`S Coop Creamery Association, Fage S.A, Organic Valley Family Of Farms, Agropur Cooperative, Stonyfield Farm, Inc, Dell`Alpe Italian Foods, Pinnacle Foods, IncScope
Reasons to buy
- The Dairy & Soy Food sector in the US is forecast to grow at 1.3% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Per capita consumption in the Milk market is noticeably higher compared to other markets in the US
- On-Trade transactions account for the majority share in the distribution of Dairy & Soy Food products in the US
- The Milk market leads the US Dairy & Soy Food sector in Health & Wellness claims
- Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the US Dairy & Soy Food sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Dairy & Soy Food products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.