Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in France
French Dairy & Soy Food sector accounted for a volume share of 3.3% of the global market in 2016. The sector was valued at €29,710.9 Million (US$32,846.6 Million) in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a value CAGR of 2% during 2016-2021. Increasing disposable income and growing consumer demand for high protein diets are the key growth drivers for the sector. Per capita consumption of Dairy & Soy Food products stood at 126.6kg when compared to the Western Europe levels of 122.3kg, in 2016.
Cheese is the largest category with value sales of €13,270.1 Million (US$14,670.7 Million) in 2016. Furthermore, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.2% during the forecast period (2016-2021), while the ‘Dairy-Based & Soy-Based Desserts’ market is expected to record the fastest CAGR of 3+% during the same period.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for the leading share of 35+% in the distribution of Dairy & Soy Food products in France, in 2016. It was followed by On-trade transactions with 30+% share, while Convenience Stores and Food & Drinks Specialists accounted for remaining. Rigid Plastics was the most commonly used packaging material in the French Dairy & Soy Food sector with a share of approximately 75% in 2016. It was followed by Flexible Packaging and Paper & Board.
Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Food Minus’ and consumer benefits such as ‘Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the French Dairy & Soy Food sector.
The report Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in France provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Butter & Spreadable Fats, Cheese, Cream, Dairy-Based & Soy-Based Desserts, Drinkable Yogurt, Fromage Frais & Quark, Milk, Soymilk & Soy Drinks, and Yogurt with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and container types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Carton, Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Wrapper, Bottle, and Tube.
Zanetti Spa, Yeo Hiap Seng Limited, Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd., Vieux Pane, Unilever Plc, Triballat-Noyal SAS, The Whitewave Foods Company, The Kraft Heinz Company,. Sylphide, St Malo, Sodiaal , International, Senoble Dessert Premium, Savoie, Savencia SA, Saint Agur, Royal Wessanen nv, Rondin Papillon, Rians, Reflets De France, Primevère, Paysange, Pave D`Affinois, Parmareggio SpA, Ornua Co-operative Limited, Omira Oberland Milchverwertung Ravensburg Gmbh, Nuova Castelli SpA, Noble Desserts Holdings Ltd., Nestle S.A., Nactalia, n.v. Pur Natur s.a, Mondelez International, Inc, Merzer, Lionheart, Lincet, Les Delices D`Amelie, Le Vieux Pané, Le Saint Amour, Le Fleurier, Laita,La Fermiere, Kraft Foods Group, Inc., Jura Flore, Isigny Sainte Mère Coopérative, Grupo Gloria S.A., Groupement Laiteries Cooperatives Charente Poitou, Groupe St-Hubert Inc, Groupe Limagrain, Groupe Lea Nature, Groupe Lactalis, Groupe Danone S.A., Giovanni Ferrari, General Mills, Inc., FRUITERROIR, FROMAGERIES BEL SA, Eurial International, Elsa Mifroma Group, Elle & Vire International, Eden Foods, Inc., Dean Foods Company, Crusha Ltd, CRISTAL LESIEUR, Compagnie des Fromages & RichesMonts, Cathedral, Casa Azzurra, Bons Mayennais, Barry Callebaut Group, Bachmann Gmbh & Co. Kg, Alpro Gmbh, Agrial, A.G. Ferrari FoodsScope
Reasons to buy
- The Dairy & Soy Food sector in France is forecast to grow at 2% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Per capita consumption in the Milk market is noticeably higher compared to other markets in France
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the largest distribution channel in the French Dairy & Soy Food sector
- Groupe Lactalis is the leading brand in the French Dairy & Soy Food sector
- Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the French Dairy & Soy Food sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Dairy & Soy Food products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.