Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in Peru
Dairy & Soy Food sector accounted for a volume share of 0.5% of the global market and 4.4% of the regional (Latin America) market in 2016. The sector was valued at S/.11,461.8 Million (US$3,396.5 Million) in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% during 2016-2021. Growing consumer demand for healthy ready-to-drink dairy products and food retail expansion are the key growth drivers for the Dairy & Soy Food sector in Peru. Per capita consumption of Dairy & Soy Food products in Peru stood at 41.6kg when compared to the global and Latin America levels of 50kg and 77.8kg, respectively, in 2016.
Milk is the largest with value sales of S/.8,367.4 Million (US$2,479.5 Million) in 2016. Furthermore, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period (2016-2021), while the Drinkable Yogurt market is expected to record the fastest CAGR of 10.8% during the same period.
Convenience Stores account for a leading share in the distribution of Dairy & Soy Food products in Peru. In 2016, Convenience Stores held 30.9% value share, while On-trade transactions accounted for 25.4% share. Food & Drinks Specialists and Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for shares of 21.5% and 20.6%, respectively, in the same year. Rigid Metal is the most commonly used packaging material in Peru’s Dairy & Soy Food sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 63.4%, followed by Rigid Plastics and Paper & Board with shares of 20.5% and 11.4% respectively.
Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Functional & Fortified’ and consumer benefits such as ‘Health Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in Peru’s Dairy & Soy Food sector. Peru’s GDP per capita grew from PEN15,769.1 in 2011 to PEN20,612.1 in 2016, registering a CAGR of 5.5%. Growing economy has a positive influence on the Dairy & Soy Food sector.
Gloria is the leading brand in Peru’s Dairy & Soy Food sector. The top five brands in the sector accounted for 49.5% value share.
The report Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in Peru provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In depth, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market Data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category Coverage: Value and growth analysis for Butter & Spreadable Fats, Cheese, Cream, Dairy-Based & Soy-Based Desserts, Drinkable Yogurt, Fromage Frais & Quark, Milk, Soymilk & Soy Drinks, and Yogurt with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading Players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution Data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging Data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and container types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Carton, Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Wrapper, Bottle, and Tube.
Grupo Gloria S.A, Laive SA, P&D Andina Alimentos S.A, Unilever Plc, Savencia SA, Groupe Lactalis, Nestle S.A, Alicorp S.A.A, Best yet, Delice Sac, Michael Foods Inc, The Kraft Heinz Company, Delice Sac, Tigo, Fonterra Co-operative Group, Lacteos Piamonte, S.A.C, Conagra Foods, Inc, P&D Andina Alimentos S.A,Fleischmann.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Dairy & Soy Food sector in Peru is forecast to grow at 5.6% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Per capita consumption of Milk is high in Malaysia when compared to other markets
- Convenience Stores account for the leading share in the distribution of Dairy & Soy Food products in Peru
- Gloria is the leading brand in Peru's Dairy & Soy Food sector
- Rigid Metal is the most commonly used packaging material in Peru's Dairy & Soy Food sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Dairy & Soy Food products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.