Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in Italy
Italian Dairy & Soy Food sector accounted for a volume share of 2% of the global market and 10.4% of the regional (Western Europe) market in 2016. The sector was valued at €23,739.3 Million (US$26,244.8 Million) in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.3% during 2016-2021. Per capita consumption of Dairy & Soy Food products stood at 85.4kg when compared to the global and Western Europe levels of 50kg and 122.3kg, respectively, in 2016.
Cheese is the largest with value sales of €14,811.7 Million (US$16,374.2 Million) in 2016. Furthermore, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.4% during the forecast period (2016-2021), while the ‘Fromage Frais & Quark’ market is expected to record the fastest CAGR of 5.7% during the same period.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets account for a leading share in the distribution of Dairy & Soy Food products in Italy. In 2016, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets held 33.7% value share, followed by Convenience Stores with 31% share. On-trade transactions and Food & Drinks Specialists accounted for shares of 21% and 12.1%, respectively, in the same year. Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the Italian Dairy & Soy Food sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 51.6%, followed by Flexible Packaging and Paper & Board with shares of 29% and 18.6% respectively.
Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Food Minus’ and ‘Naturally Healthy’ and consumer benefits such as ‘General Wellbeing’ and ‘Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Italian Dairy & Soy Food sector. Italy’s GDP per capita declined from €27,569.4 in 2011 to €27,215.2 in 2016, declining at a CAGR of 0.3%. Slow GDP growth rate coupled with low proportion of younger demographics makes Italy a country with limited growth potential for consumer goods manufacturers.
Granarolo is the leading brand in the Italian Dairy & Soy Food sector. The top five brands in the sector accounted for 16% value share, while private labels held 10.1% share by value in 2016.
The report Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in Italy provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In depth, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market Data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category Coverage: Value and growth analysis for Butter & Spreadable Fats, Cheese, Cream, Dairy-Based & Soy-Based Desserts, Drinkable Yogurt, Fromage Frais & Quark, Milk, Soymilk & Soy Drinks, and Yogurt with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading Players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution Data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging Data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and container types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Carton, Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Wrapper, Bottle, and Tube.
Arla Foods,Campo Dei Fiori srl,Dairy Soresina,Granarolo S.P.A,Groupe Lactalis,Latteria Soresina,Newlat SpA,Occelli Agrinatura s.r.l.,Parmareggio SpA,Prealpi S.p.A.,Terre D`Italia,The Coca-Cola Company,Valle Grande S.A.,Prealpi S.p.A.,Product For Esselunga Spa,Valle Grande S.A.,A.G. Ferrari Foods,ALIMENTARIA VALDINIEVOLE s.p.a.,Atalanta Coporation,Amaltea,Aurora Beverage Distributors,Beemster Cheese,Biraghi S.P.A.,Cisalpino Spa,Corte Parma,Delizia Campana,Emilio Mauri S.p.A,Emmi Group,FROMAGERIES BEL SA,Fattorie Osella S.P.A,Grana Padano,Kraft Foods Group, Inc.,Olympus S.A dairy Products,Royal FrieslandCampina N.V.,The Ambriola Company,Tillamook County Creamery AssociationScope
Reasons to buy
- The Dairy & Soy Food sector in Italy accounted for 10.4% volume share in the Western European region
- Italy accounts for 15.4% value share in the Western European Dairy & Soy Food sector
- Cheese is the largest market in value terms in the Italian Dairy & Soy Food sector
- The ‘Fromage Frais & Quark’ market is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021
- Per capita consumption in the Milk market is noticeably higher compared to other markets in Italy
- The Milk market leads the Italian Dairy & Soy Food sector in Health & Wellness claims
- The top five brands in the sector accounted for 16% value share
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Dairy & Soy Food products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.