Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in Indonesia
Indonesian Dairy & Soy Food sector accounted for a volume share of 1% of the global market and 2.6% of the regional (Asia-Pacific) market in 2016. The sector was valued at Rp117,389,827.7 Million (US$8,820.9 Million) in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% during 2016-2021. Favourable economic condition and growing awareness among consumer about advantage of milk consumption are the key growth drivers for the sector. Per capita consumption of Dairy & Soy Food products stood at 9.8 kg when compared to the global and Asia-Pacific levels of 50kg and 29.7 kg, respectively, in 2016.
Milk is the largest with value sales of Rp100,056,322 Million (US$7,518.4 Million) in 2016. Furthermore, it is expected to record the fastest CAGR of 10.8% during the forecast period (2016-2021).
Convenience Stores accounted for a leading share in the distribution of Dairy & Soy Food products in Indonesia. In 2016, Convenience Stores held 40.5% value share, followed by On-trade transactions with 35.5% share. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets and Food & Drinks Specialists accounted for shares of 15.7% and 7.8%, respectively, in the same year. Paper & Board is the most commonly used packaging material in the Indonesian Dairy & Soy Food sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 35.2%, followed by Rigid Plastics and Flexible Packaging with shares of 28.94% and 27.34% respectively.
Frisian Flag is the leading brand in the Indonesian Dairy & Soy Food sector. The top five brands in the sector accounted for 49.9% value share, while private labels held 0.2% share by value in 2016. Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Naturally Healthy’ and ‘Food Minus’ and consumer benefits such as ‘General Wellbeing’ and ‘Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Indonesian Dairy & Soy Food sector.
The report Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in Indonesia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Butter & Spreadable Fats, Cheese, Cream, Dairy-Based & Soy-Based Desserts, Drinkable Yogurt, Fromage Frais & Quark, Milk, Soymilk & Soy Drinks, and Yogurt with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and container types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Carton, Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Wrapper, Bottle, and Tube.
Fonterra Co-operative Group , H.J. Wijsman & Zonen B.V., Savencia SA, The Thai Dairy Industry Co., Ltd, Arla Foods, PT Sinar Mas Agro Resources and Technology Tbk, PT. Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur Tbk., Pt Bina Karya Prima, Pt Smart Tbk, Unilever Plc, Bega Cheese Ltd., Kraft Foods Group, Inc., Macro Group Handels GmbH, PT Greenfields Indonesia, PT Mulia Boga Raya, Pt Diamond Cold Storage, The Kraft Heinz Company, Yummy Food. PT, Lakeland Dairies Co-Operative, Rich Products Corporation, Orang Tua Group, Pt. Pondan Pangan Makmur Indonesia, Pt. Zehat International, Ltd.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Dairy & Soy Food sector in Indonesia is forecast to grow at 10.3% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021.
- Per capita consumption in the Milk market is noticeably higher compared to other markets in Indonesia.
- In 2016, Convenience Stores accounted for a leading share in the distribution of Dairy & Soy Food products in Indonesia.
- Prochiz is the leading brand in both value and volume terms in the Indonesian Cheese market.
- Paper & Board is the most commonly used packaging material in the Indonesian Dairy & Soy Food sector.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Dairy & Soy Food products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.