Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in Greece
Greece’s GDP per capita declined at a CAGR of 2.8% during 2011-2016 and reached €16,241.1 in 2016. Greece suffers from low employment rate and contracting population which challenge market growth.
Greek Dairy & Soy Food sector accounted for a volume share 1.53% of the regional (Western Europe) market in 2016. The sector was valued at €2,828.9 Million (US$3,127.5 Million) in 2016 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.7% during 2016-2021. Growing consumer demand for high protein diets is the key growth driver for the sector. Per capita consumption of Dairy & Soy Food products stood at 71.5kg when compared to the global levels of 50kg, in 2016.
Cheese is the largest with value sales of at €1,271.8 Million (US$1,406 Million) in 2016. Furthermore, it is expected to record the fastest growth at a CAGR of 2+% during the forecast period (2016-2021).
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for the leading share of 47.1% in the distribution of Dairy & Soy Food products in Greece in 2016. It was followed by On-trade transactions, while Food & Drinks Specialists and Convenience Stores accounted for shares of 15+% and 11+%, respectively in the same year. Rigid Plastics was the most commonly used packaging material in the Greek Dairy & Soy Food sector with a share of 50.4% in 2016. It was followed by Flexible Packaging and Paper & Board.
Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Food Minus’ and ‘Food Intolerance’ and consumer benefits such as ‘General Wellbeing’ and ‘Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Greek Dairy & Soy Food sector.
The report Country Profile: Dairy & Soy Food Sector in Greece provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Butter & Spreadable Fats, Cheese, Cream, Dairy-Based & Soy-Based Desserts, Drinkable Yogurt, Fromage Frais & Quark, Milk, Soymilk & Soy Drinks, and Yogurt with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and container types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Carton, Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Wrapper, Bottle, and Tube.
Arla Foods, DODONI S.A. Agricultural Dairy Industry of Epirus, Minerva Dawn Farms S.A., Minerva S.A., Olympus S.A dairy Products, Optima S.A., Ornua Co-operative Limited, Unilever Plc, Raisio Plc, Agno Dairy S.A., Agricultural Dairy Cooperative Of Kalavryta, Ambrosoli S.p.A, Avigal Sa, Ecofarm Peloponnese S.A., Egagros, Epirus S.A., Evol Milk Plant, Fage S.A., Kalogerakis Inc., Kolios Sa, Kraft Foods Group, Inc., Longwood, Mevgal S.A, Proikas Sa, Rodopi SA, Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., The Kraft Heinz Company, Uhrenholt A/S, Valmas O.E., Vivartia Holdings S.A., FROMAGERIES BEL SA, P.G. NIKAS A.V.E.E. , Cooperlat Soc. Coop. Agricola., Credin Hellas SA, Groupe Lactalis, Meggle Ag, Torre-Cooperlat Sa, Alpro Gmbh, Dean Foods Company, Groupe Danone S.A., The Whitewave Foods Company, Kri Kri S.A., Jotis S.A., Valsoia Spa, Farm Koukakis, Stamou SaScope
Reasons to buy
- The Dairy & Soy Food sector in Greece is forecast to grow at 1.7% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Per capita consumption in the Milk market is noticeably higher compared to other markets in Greece
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the largest distribution channel in the Greek Dairy & Soy Food sector
- Mevgal S.A is the leading brand in the Greek Dairy & Soy Food sector
- Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the Greek Dairy & Soy Food sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Dairy & Soy Food products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.