Country Profile: Confectionery Sector in Sweden
Swedish Confectionery sector accounted for a volume share of 0.83% of the global market and 3% of the regional (Western Europe) market, in 2016. The sector was valued at Skr12,810.5 Million (US$1,495.8 Million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% during 2016-2021. Despite high affordability, the marginal value growth can be attributed to the rising awareness among consumers about health concerns such as obesity and overweight. In 2016, the Per capita consumption stood at 10.5kg when compared to the global and Western Europe levels of 2.5kg and 8.6kg, respectively.
Chocolate was the largest with value sales of Skr7,009.8 Million (US$818.5 Million) in 2016. Furthermore, it is expected to grow the fastest at a CAGR of 2.4% compared to Sugar Confectionery (2.3%) and Gum (0.9%).
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the Swedish Confectionery sector, accounting for a total value share of 54.7% in 2016. It was followed by Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists and Vending machines with shares of 28.2%, 10.3% and 2.2%, respectively, in the same year. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used package material in the Swedish Confectionery sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 80.58%, followed by Paper & Board and Rigid Plastics with shares of 12.22% and 6.98%, respectively.
The top five brands in the Swedish Confectionery sector accounted for 18.5% value share, in 2016. Private labels accounted for a 3% share by value in the same year. Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Free From’ and consumer benefits such as ‘Health Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the Swedish Confectionery sector.
The report Country Profile: Confectionery Sector in Sweden provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Chocolate, Gum, and Sugar Confectionery with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; Pack data for: Carton, Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Wrapper, Bottle, and Tube.
August Storck Kg,Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprüngli AG, Ferrero, Kraft Foods, Mars, Incorporated, Mondelez International, Inc, Strauss Group Ltd., Toms International, Candyking International AB, Cloetta Ab, Nestle, Marabou, Alfred Ritter GmbH & Co. KG., Cadbury Plc, CarbZone AB, Dentirol Medical AB, Grevskapet Dals Konfektyr AB, Haribo , GmbH & Co. KG, Kotastanger, Lofthouse Of Fleetwood Ltd., Malaco, Orkla Group, Perfetti Van Melle SpA, Polkapojkarna AB, The Procter & Gamble Company, Toms Gruppen A /SScope
Reasons to buy
- The Swedish Confectionery sector accounted for a volume share of 3% of the regional (Western Europe) market, in 2016.
- The sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% during 2016-2021.
- Of the three markets, Chocolate was the largest market in value terms, and is expected to record the fastest CAGR.
- The top five brands in the Swedish Confectionery sector accounted for 18.5% value share
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets was the leading distribution channel
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used package material in the Swedish Confectionery sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Confectionery products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion.