Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals sector in Colombia
Colombian Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for a volume share of 0.87% of the global market and 7.41% of the regional (Latin America) market, in 2016. The sector was valued at COL$9,934,682 million (US$3,262.8 million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.9% during 2016-2021.The market share of Colombia in the global and Latin American region is expected to decline to 0.80% and 6.74%, respectively, by 2021.
Despite growth in the sector, the volume share in the global & Latin American region is expected to decline as the Colombian market grew at a relatively slow rate compared to other countries in the region. Per capita consumption stood at 24.2kg when compared to the global and Latin America levels of 26.4kg and 42kg, respectively, in 2016.
Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading distribution channel in the Colombian Bakery & Cereals sector, accounting for a total value share of 57.2% in 2016. This is followed by Convenience Stores and Hypermarkets & Supermarkets with shares of 22.5% and 17.8%, respectively, in the same year. Top five brands in the Colombian Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for 23.6% of the market share by value in 2016. Private labels accounted for 2.9% share by value in the same year.
Consumption of Bakery & Cereals is high among urban population, particularly those who have attended primary and tertiary school. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Consumers and Kids & Babies together accounted for a 49% share in 2016.
The report Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals sector in Colombia provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Ingredients, Baking Mixes, Bread & Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, ‘Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies’, Cereal Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Dough Products, Energy Bars, Morning Goods, and Savory Biscuits with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others.
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tin.
Companies mentioned in this report: Comapan Sa,Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V.,Industrias Santa Clara Sa,Productos Ramo Sa,The bread - guadalupe baking Company,Alimentos Toning Sa,Don Pancho Authentic Mexican Foods, Inc,Exito,PepsiCo, Inc.,Productos Qikey Sas,Alimentos Toning Sa,Cereal Partners Worldwide S.A.,Nutrive S en C,Productos Ramo Sa,The Kellogg Company,Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V.,Cia Nacional De Chocolates Sa,Cia de Galletas Noel SA,Continental Bakeries B.V.,Grupo Nutresa,Mondelez International, IncScope
Reasons to buy
- The Colombian Bakery & Cereals sector grew at a CAGR of 2.2% during 2011-2016 and is forecast to register growth at a CAGR of 1.9% during 2016-2021.
- Energy Bars is forecast to register the fastest growth rate during 2016-2021
- Food & Drinks Specialists is the largest distribution channel, followed by Convenience Stores
- Chocoramo and Bimbo is the leading brand in the Colombian Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces sector in both value and volume terms
- Private labels accounted for 2.9% share by value in the same year.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery & Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.