Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals Sector in the US
GDP per capita in the United States of America (US) grew at a CAGR of 2.9% during 2011-2016 driven by rise in consumer spending, exports, and government spending. Growing US economy and a large base of working population with high disposable incomes, increasing demand for convenience food options acts as the key growth driver for the Bakery & Cereals sector in the US.
United States of America (US) Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for a volume share of 10.6% of the global market and 63.7% of the regional (North America) market, in 2016. The sector was valued at US$105,547.4 Million in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.5% during 2016-2021. Per capita consumption stood at 44.5kg when compared to the global and North America levels of 26.4kg and 46.9kg, respectively, in 2016.
Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies are the largest with value sales of US$26,199.7 Million in 2016. Furthermore, it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.9% compared to Baking Ingredients (2+%), Baking Mixes (2+%), Bread & Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, Cereal Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) , Dough Products (1+%), Energy Bars, Morning Goods, and Savory Biscuits (2+%). With this the top five brands in the US Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for 10.4% value share, in 2016.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in the US Bakery & Cereals sector, accounting for a total value share of 66.5% in 2016. It is followed by Food & Drinks Specialists and Convenience Stores. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the United States of America (US) Bakery & Cereals sector with a share of 77.7% in 2016. It was followed by Rigid Plastics and Paper & Board.
Health & Wellness attributes such as ‘Naturally Healthy’ and ‘Food Minus’ and consumer benefits such as ‘General Wellbeing’ and ‘Weight & Shape Management’ are the most sought after Health & Wellness claims in the US Bakery & Cereals sector.
The report Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals Sector in the US, provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Ingredients, Baking Mixes, Bread & Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, ‘Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies’, Cereal Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Dough Products, Energy Bars, Morning Goods, and Savory Biscuits with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tin.
Atkins Nutritionals Inc, Aunt Millie’s Bakeries, B&G Foods, Inc., Balconi S.p.A., Barry Callebaut AG, BUMBLEBAR, INC., Campbell Soup Company, Clif Bar & Company, Continental Mills Inc, EARTHGRAINS BAKING COMPANIES, INC., Flowers Foods, Inc., General Mills, Inc., Girl Scouts of the USA, Grupo Bimbo S.A.B. de C.V., Honey Stinger Inc., Kraft Foods Group, Inc., Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corp.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Bakery & Cereals sector in the US is forecast to grow at 2.5% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- The Energy Bars market is forecast to register the fastest growth during 2016-2021
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the largest distribution channel in the US Bakery & Cereals sector
- The Bread & Rolls market leads the American Bakery and Cereals sector in Health & Wellness claims
- Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the US Bakery & Cereals sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery & Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.