Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals Sector in Peru
Peruvian Bakery & Cereals sector accounted for a volume share of 0.8% of the global market and 6.7% of the regional (Latin America) market, in 2016. The sector was valued at PEN 15,040 Million (US$4,456.8 Million) in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% during 2016-2021. Per capita consumption stood at 33.8kg when compared to the global and Latin America levels of 26.4kg and 42.0kg, respectively, in 2016. A rising in employment rates, longer working hours, and increasing demand for convenient food options are driving the demand for Bakery & Cereals in Peru.
Bread & Rolls is the largest with value sales of PEN 10,823.4 Million (US$3,207.3 Million) in 2016. Furthermore, Breakfast Cereals is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.3% compared to Energy Bars (4.6%), Cereal Bars (4.3%), Cookies (Sweet Biscuits) (4.3%), ‘Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies’ (3.8%), Bread & Rolls (3.6%), Baking Mixes (3.4%), Dough Products (3.3%), Savory Biscuits (2.9%), Morning Goods (2.8%) and Baking Ingredients (2.5%), during 2016-2021.
Food & Drinks Specialists is the leading distribution channel in the Peruvian Bakery & Cereals sector, accounting for a total value share of 66.8% in 2016. This is followed by Convenience Stores and Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, which accounted for 19.3% and 10.8%, in the same year. Flexible Packaging is the most commonly used packaging material in the Peruvian Bakery & Cereals sector with a share of 84.9% in 2016. It is followed by Rigid Plastics and Paper & Board with shares of 9.3% and 4.9% respectively.
The Breakfast Cereals market leads the Peruvian Bakery and Cereals sector in Health & Wellness claims. Alicorp S.A.A. leads the Baking Mixes market in terms of Health & Wellness attributes. Consumption of Bakery & Cereals is high among urban population, particularly those who have attended lower/upper secondary school. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Consumers and Kids & Babies together accounted for a 50.3% share in 2016.
The Peruvian Bakery & Cereals sector is fragmented with the top five brands accounting for just 7.4% of the market share by value in 2016. Artisanal Producers account for the leading share in the Peruvian Bakery & Cereals sector.
The report Country Profile: Bakery & Cereals Sector in Peru provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
In particular, this report provides the following analysis -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market Data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021
- Category Coverage: Value and growth analysis for Baking Ingredients, Baking Mixes, Bread & Rolls, Breakfast Cereals, ‘Cakes, Pastries & Sweet Pies’, Cereal Bars, Cookies (Sweet Biscuits), Dough Products, Energy Bars, Morning Goods, and Savory Biscuits with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading Players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution Data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as Cash & Carries and warehouse Clubs, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging Data: Consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units PENd. Packaging material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Paper & Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Film, Bag/Sachet, Tub, Box, Pouch, and Tin.
Alicorp S.A.A., Unilever Plc, Molitalia S.A., Molinos Rio de la Plata S.A., General Mills, Inc., La Casa Del Alfajor S.A.C, Artisanal Producers, Don Mamino, Grupo Bimbo, S.A.B. de C.V., Panificadora Bimbo Del Perú Sa, Union Bread, Global Alimentos, Industrias Alimenticais Cusco SA, Kiwicha Pop, PepsiCo, Inc., Carozzi S.A., Cereal Partners Worldwide S.A., Chur Ceral, Granola Cosecha Del Paraiso, Granola Incasur, Post Holdings, Inc, Productos Union, The Kellogg Company, Trading Food PENution Inc, Todinno S.A.C., Campbell Soup Company, Cocaditad, Costa D`Oro S.P.A., Crackenel San Jorge, Fenix+Soda, Grupo Arcor, Jules Destropper NV, Kraft Foods Group, Inc., Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd., Mixta Deluxe, Mondelez International, Inc, Nestle S.A., Panaderia San Jorge S.A., Sayon, Vicenzi Biscotti S.P.A., Walkers Shortbread Ltd., Soda Light (Molitalia)Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Bakery & Cereals sector in Peru is forecast to grow at 3.7% CAGR in value terms during 2016-2021
- Bread & Rolls is the largest market in value and volume terms in the Peruvian Bakery & Cereals sector
- Food & Drinks Specialists is the largest distribution channel, followed by Convenience Stores and Hypermarkets & Supermarkets
- Private label penetration is highest in the Baking Ingredients market
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Manufacturers can identify the opportunities to position products with H&W attributes/benefits
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Bakery & Cereals products consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.