Consumer Trends: Hotels
This report draws on the expertise of GlobalData’s consumer panel of respondents to provide opinion and insight about the key drivers of booking trends & behaviors. This reports highlights hotel preferences amongst outbound tourists
Comfort is the highest rated feature when choosing a hotel for a holiday, according to our survey results, with 92% of all respondents finding this factor either important or very important, followed by cost (91%). Good online customer reviews & ratings is also important at 78%, followed by brand perception/reputation with 63%, and a loyalty program (47%)
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information, and insights
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering Germany’s outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in the Germany’s outbound tourism sector.
Reasons to buy
- Although comfort is important for every consumer, there is a large difference between the age groups.
- The baby boomers, which in general have more money to spend than the younger age groups, value comfort less than the younger age groups.
- The largest age group is 25 to 34 year olds who that think comfort is very important (53% of all respondents).
- Make strategic business decisions using survey data related to hotel preferences across 36 markets
- Understand consumer behaviour within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source markets.
- Respondent Profile
- Drivers for airline choice
- Good online customer reviews / ratings
- Brand perception / reputation
- Loyalty Program