Colombia Sports Broadcasting Media (Television and Telecommunications) Landscape
The Colombia Media Landscape Report provides an overview of the television and telecommunications market in relation to sports broadcasting in Colombia today, with top-level data and detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. The report analyses the television, mobile handset and residential fixed-line broadband sectors, as well as a review of major sports media rights.
- Cable’s subscription share will decline from 58.1% in 2021 to 54.5% by 2026 as IPTV subscription share continues to grow. IPTV will grow at a CAGR of 9.2% to an estimated 1.3 million subscriptions by 2026-end, primarily supported by improving fixed broadband infrastructure in the country and growing adoption of multiplay packages with integrated IPTV services.
- 4G subscriptions accounted for 62.9% of the total mobile subscriptions at year-end 2021 and will expand to 67.9% of the total in 2026, driven by growing adoption of smartphone handsets.
- Cable accounted for 67.6% of the total fixed broadband lines in Colombia at year-end 2021 and will remain the leading broadband technology through to 2026. Fiber’s share will grow from 19.6% in 2021 to 27.0% in 2026, supported by operators’ ongoing investment efforts to expand their fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) infrastructure in the country.
Reasons to Buy
- Pay-TV subscriptions will grow at a CAGR of 1.9% over the forecast period, reaching an estimated 6.5 million in 2026. Cable will remain the leading pay-TV platform through to 2026.
- Over the forecast period, mobile operators in the country will add a combined 15.3 million subscribers, bringing the country’s total to 87.9 million at the end of 2026. The growth will be supported by the increasing adoption of smartphone subscriptions and projected rise in M2M/IoT subscriptions.
- Total fixed broadband lines in Colombia will increase from an estimated 8.1 million in 2021 to 11.3 million by 2026-end, driven by the efforts from the government and operators to expand broadband coverage across the country.
- This Sports Broadcasting Media Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Colombian television and telecommunications markets, and service providers in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Colombian pay-TV, mobile handset and residential fixed broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With 19 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- Population and household context
- Television services market
- Mobile services market: Handsets
- Fixed broadband services market: Residential
- Competitive landscape
- Data tables