Cloud Computing in Retail Banking - Thematic Research
Cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, private, and hybrid) accounted for 9.5% of a global ICT market that was worth US$2 trillion in 2017, according to GlobalData. Whilst the global ICT market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% over the next five years, cloud computing revenues, which passed US$193 billion in 2017, are growing at 18%. In theory, the entire IT market could shift to the cloud, so the disruption yet to be unleashed onto the global software and IT services sector is likely to be substantial.
Historically, retail banks have been slow to invest in cloud computing technology due to regulatory compliance issues, concerns around data security and privacy, and a lack of the skills required for management and maintenance.
However, as the sources of competitive advantage shift in banking, away from products and towards data, cloud migration has become a strategic priority; not only to enable a more synthesized view of customers across product holdings and channels, but to reduce operating costs, increase flexibility, and reduce time-to-market.
Reasons to buy
- This report analyses the impact of cloud computing in retail banking.
- It discusses the benefits and uses of cloud computing in banking.
- It identifies the winners in the cloud computing technology theme.
- The report highlights some of the big disruptors in the cloud computing theme.
- It splits the trends analysis for the cloud computing theme into technology trends and banking industry trends.
- The report discusses the key value chain segments within each model.
- It provides an industry analysis, explaining the adoption of the technology among enterprises.
- The report also provides retail bank case studies and offers key recommendations to retail banks and IT vendors.
- It offers an overview of the cloud computing technology theme, explaining its benefits and deployment models.
- Tech trends
- Cloud trends in retail banking
- VALUE CHAIN
- Cloud model (IaaS and PaaS)
- Cloud model (SaaS)
- Cloud professional services model
- INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- Market size and growth forecasts
- Competitor analysis
- Mergers and acquisitions
- IMPACT OF CLOUD COMPUTING ON RETAIL BANKING
- Retail bank case studies
- Key recommendations for retail banks
- Key recommendations for IT vendors
- COMPANIES SECTION
- Public tech companies
- Retail banks
- TECHNOLOGY BRIEFING
- Defining cloud computing
- The public cloud computing stack
- Business benefits of cloud computing
- User benefits of cloud computing
- Deployment models
- Cloud professional services
- APPENDIX: OUR “THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY