Clothing & footwear Retailing in South Africa, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022
Clothing & footwear Retailing in South Africa, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to South Africa retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing South Africa clothing and footwear industry.
The clothing & footwear sector in South Africa was valued at R158.5 billion in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.8% during 2017-2022. Rising employment, improving living standards, and increasing urbanization in the country are contributing to the growth of the clothing & footwear sector.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2017 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector.
Reasons to buy
- South Africa retail market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 7.6% during 2017-2022
- Improved labor dynamics and rising household consumption to fuel sales growth
- Growing female population projected to strengthen womenswear sales
- Footwear to register steady increase in growth rate during 2017-2022
- Local brands offering colourful designs are becoming increasingly popular among women
- Specialists are losing sales share to online and value stores due to their value pricing
- Growing internet penetration and social media influence drive e-commerce growth
- Pep is leading sector sales, supported by a growing store network.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the South Africa retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.
- Key findings
- The state of the nation
- The state of retail
- Clothing & footwear