Clothing & Footwear Retailing in the UAE, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
Clothing & Footwear Retailing in the UAE, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to UAE retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing UAE clothing and footwear industry.
Clothing & footwear in the UAE is forecast to register a healthy CAGR of 7.5% during 2016-2021 and increase from AED24.6 billion in 2016 to AED35.3 billion by 2021. Steady economic growth, declining employment, and rising disposable income are among the main factors driving sales of clothing & footwear in the country. Clothing category is projected to register a CAGR of 7.6% during 2016-2021 to reach AED32 billion by 2021. Womenswear is the largest segment with sales of AED9.4 billion and is forecast to achieve a CAGR of 7.8% over the forecast period to reach AED13.7 billion by 2021. The market is fragmented with the top 10 players commanding only 13.8% of the market in 2016. However, all the top 10 retailers are of international origin with local players having a marginal presence.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
Reasons to buy
- Steady economic growth and booming tourism to drive retail sales
- Steady economic growth and a burgeoning working class population drive sales
- Specialists set to lose ground to other channels of distribution
- International retailers dominate sector sales
- The top 10 retailers accounted for only 14.3% of the market in 2016
- H&M registered the highest growth of 33.9% in 2015-2016
- Womenswear to outperform menswear during 2016-2021
- Men’s footwear sales to register a CAGR of 7.0% during 2016-2021
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the UAE retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & Footwear