Clothing & Footwear Retailing in the Philippines, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021
Clothing & Footwear Retailing in the Philippines, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Philippines retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Philippines clothing and footwear industry.
In the Philippines, the clothing & footwear sector was valued at ₱318.1 billion in 2016, having grown with a CAGR of 10.4% during 2011-2016. The sector is mainly driven by factors such as economic activity, rising disposable income, and low inflation. In addition, the changing lifestyle of consumers and increasing numbers of organized retailers are also fueling growth within the sector. Clothing, footwear and accessories specialists was the leading distribution channel with a share of 54.8% in 2016, followed by department stores at 31.2%. In growth terms, the online channel is forecast to register the fastest growth rate of 19.5% during 2016-2021, followed by hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters at 15.9%.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
Reasons to buy
- The clothing & footwear market is set to see fastest growth over the five years to 2021 with a CAGR of 10.4%
- Growing economy presents opportunities for the retail sector
- Online retail registers the fastest growth
- The clothing & footwear sector was led by SM Store in 2016
- Womenswear is the largest category within clothing
- Menswear accounted for 25.2% of clothing sales in 2016
- Childrenswear accounted for nearly 14% of clothing sales in 2016
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the Philippines retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.
- Key findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & Footwear