Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Ireland, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021
Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Ireland, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Ireland retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Ireland clothing and footwear industry.
As the economy recovers from the impact of the global financial crisis retail sales growth will more than double. CAGR for total retail 2016-2021 will be 2.6% compared with 1.1% over the previous five years. This will add €4.8bn in sales to reach €39.3bn by 2021. A young working age population with higher disposable income combined with a growing number of international retailers offering a wide range of stylish yet affordable clothing and footwear are a key factor driving sales. The fastest growing channel is online and this will add €1.6bn to sales over the forecast period reaching €4.6bn in 2021 and a 12% share of all sales, making it the second largest channel after hypermarkets, supermarkets and discounters.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
Reasons to buy
- The clothing & footwear sector is the second largest in the Irish retail industry and contributed 11.6% to total retail sales in 2016
- Sector sales are expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.0% during 2016-2021 to reach €4.7 billion by 2021
- Local retailers Penneys (Primark’s name in Ireland) and Dunnes lead the market and between them account for 29.5% of the market with 15% and 14.5% share respectively
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the Ireland retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & footwear