Clothing and Footwear Retailing in India, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
Clothing and Footwear Retailing in India, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to India retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing India clothing and footwear industry.
The Indian clothing & footwear sector is forecast to register a healthy growth rate of 12.7% during 2016-2021, driven by a well performing economy, increasing urban population, increasing purchasing power, and most importantly a growing younger population base which accounts for close to half of the total population. Additionally, an increasing middle and upper middle class population earning higher incomes, growing brand awareness, aspirations for a luxurious lifestyle among youngsters will drive sales in the sector. In a bid to attract more affluent customers, luxury retail brands such as Macy’s, Harrods, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue have already started shipping their products to India and are also planning to open their stores in the country.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in clothing and footwear category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in clothing and footwear sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in clothing and footwear sector
Reasons to buy
- Positive macro-economic factors to stimulate higher consumption
- Burgeoning youthful population and legislative changes will drive sales
- Demonetization negatively impacted sector sales in the short term
- Increasing disposable income to drive sales of premium clothing & footwear
- A fragmented market landscape
- Top 10 retailers accounted for only 7.9% of the market in 2016
- Men’s footwear sales growth remains steady over the forecast period
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the Indian retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men’s footwear, women’s footwear and children’s footwear in the market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market.
- Key Findings
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & footwear