Cigarettes in Yemen, 2020
Cigarettes in Yemen, 2020 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the tobacco market in Yemen. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
The Republic of Yemen was reunified in 1990 after a period of over 70 years, in which the country had divided into northern and southern parts. The country has the largest population in the Arabian Peninsula, estimated at approximately 29.3 million in 2019 and up from 12.4 million in 1990. However, it is one of the poorer Gulf States with some four in 10 of its population living below the poverty line. Oil production is not a major feature of the economy as in other parts of the Arabian Peninsula. GDP growth has recently been weak with the period since 2015 especially difficult.
Reasons to Buy
- The vast majority of domestically manufactured cigarettes available in the Yemen market are filter-tipped; between 1990 and 1992 the USDA estimated that 97% of all cigarettes manufactured were of this type.
- GlobalData estimates that there were 2.68 million adult smokers aged 18 years and above in Yemen in 2019. Of this total, 2.14 million, or 80%, were males and 540,000, or 20%, were females.
- GlobalData estimates stable sales over the forecast period at 4,000 million pieces per annum. Providing sales remain unchanged, per capita sales will stand at 116 pieces per person in 2030, which is 13.5% less than levels in 2020.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production &Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Government Restrictions
- 9. Company Profiles
- 10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11. Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2019
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2019
- Table 3: Manufacturer Sales, Million Pieces, 2000-2019
- Table 4: Manufacturer Market Shares, % Volume, 2000-2019
- Table 5: Smoking Population, 1990-2019
- Table 6: Cigarette Production, 1990-2018
- Table 7: Cigarette Imports, 1995-2017, Volume
- Table 8: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2007-2015& 2017
- Table 9: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, %, 2007-2015& 2017
- Table 10: Exports of Cigarettes, 1997-2015, Volume
- Table 11: Exports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2005-2015
- Table 12: Exports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, %, 2005-2015
- Table 13: Company Profile: National Tobacco & Matches Company (NTMC)
- Table 14: Company Profile: National Cigarette & Match Industries Ltd (NCMI)
- Table 15: Company Profile: United Industries Company Ltd (HSA Group)
- Table 16: Consumption Forecasts, 2020-2030
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance