Cigarettes in Togo, 2017
Cigarettes in Togo, 2017, is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Latest data for 2016 place cigarettes consumption at 1,200 million pieces, 10.5% lower than 2015. This is 9.4% below 1990 levels. Per capita consumption in 2016 is estimated to be 56.5% down on 1990 levels at 155 pieces. Volumes are forecast to recover from the impacts of recent price rises and stand up at 2,840 million pieces in 2026. Population growth will be the main driving factor in the recovery of the market.
Reasons to buy
- Per capita consumption in 2016 is estimated to be 56.5% down on 1990 levels at 155 pieces. Consumer tastes favor Virginia blends, although American-style cigarettes are increasing in popularity.
- The majority of brands sold are filtered, but contain high levels of tar and nicotine. BAT, Imperial Tobacco, PMI, and JTI all compete in the market, which is dependent on imported supplies.
- PMI accounted for 30% of sales in 2016, followed by Imperial Tobacco (27.5%) and BAT (25.5 %).
- Volumes are forecast to recover from the impacts of recent price rises and stand up at 2,840 million pieces in 2026.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Market Size
- 3. Market Structure
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands
- 5. Taxation & Retail
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
- 6. The Smoking Population
- 7. Production & Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8. Operating constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Government Restrictions
- 9. Prospects & Forecasts
- 10. Appendix
- 10.1. What is this Report About?
- 10.2. Time Frame
- 10.3. Product Category Coverage
- 10.4. Methodology
- 10.5. About GlobalData
- 10.6. Disclaimer
- 10.7. Contact Us
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 2: Non-Duty Paid Cigarette Market, 2003-2007, Million Pieces
- Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
- Table 4: Tobacco Distributors, 2010
- Table 5: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2007-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2007-2016, %
- Table 7: Internal Cigarette Taxation, 2017
- Table 8: Cigarette Prices, 2008 & 2010, CFA/Pack
- Table 9: Development of Cigarette Prices, 1998-2009, CFA/Pack
- Table 10: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2015
- Table 11: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2005 & 2007-2015, Million Pieces
- Table 12: Re-Exports by Country of Destination, 2009-2012, Million Pieces
- Table 13: Consumption Forecasts, 2016- 2026
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance