Cigarettes in Panama, 2017
Cigarettes in Panama, 2017, is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Panama is one of the smaller cigarette markets in Central America aside from the passing trade that is conducted in the free zones along the Panama Canal. Legitimate domestic sales have recently been in a sharp decline due to the 2008 public smoking ban and the coinciding movement of the economy into a recession. Consumers switched to contraband because of the hike in Selective Consumption Tax (ISC) in July 2010.
Reasons to buy
- Legitimate domestic sales have recently been in sharp decline in 2016, 58.7% down on 1990 levels, as a result of a surge in non-duty paid sales.
- Production ceased in 1998 and the market is completel reliant on imports to meet cigaretteres demands.
- There are two major multinational cigarette companies supplying Panama's domestic market: BAT Sucursal Panama (formerly Tabacalera Istmêna), a subsidiary of British American Tobacco which detains 53.2% share in 2016 and Tabacalera Nacional SA, an affiliate of Philip Morris International, with 45.8% of share in 2016.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- 1. Overview 5
- 2. Market Size 6
- 3. Market Structure 10
- 4. Manufacturers & Brands 11
- 5. Taxation & Retail Prices 15
- 5.1. Taxation 15
- 5.2. Retail Prices 15
- 6. The Smoking Population 16
- 7. Production & Trade 18
- 7.1. Production 18
- 7.2. Imports 19
- 7.3. Exports/Re-Exports 22
- 8. Operating Constraints 23
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions 24
- 8.2. Health Warnings 25
- 8.3. Other Restrictions 26
- 9. Prospects & Forecasts 27
- 10. Appendix 29
- 10.1. What is this Report About? 29
- 10.2. Time Frame 30
- 10.3. Product Category Coverage 31
- 10.4. Methodology 32
- 10.5. About GlobalData 34
- 10.6. Disclaimer 35
- 10.7. Contact Us 36
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption , 1990-2016 7
- Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016 9
- Table 3: Manufacturer Sales, 2000-2016, Million Pieces 12
- Table 4: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2016, % Percentage 13
- Table 5: Smoking Population, 1990-2016 17
- Table 6: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016, Million Pieces 18
- Table 7: Imports of Cigarettes, Volume, 1990-2016, Million Pieces 20
- Table 8: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 1999-2016, Million Pieces 21
- Table 9: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 1999-2016, % Percentage 21
- Table 10: Consumption Forecasts, 2016-2026, Million Pieces 28
- List of Figuress
- Figure 1: Methodology 32
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance 34