Cigarettes in Nigeria, 2018
Cigarettes in Nigeria, 2018, is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Nigeria.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, actions to target the non duty cigarettes market has helped drive the legitmate cigarette market in Nigeria. There are currently 5.4 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 10% of adult male and 1.1% female smokers in 2017, or 5.6% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 105 pieces in 2017, compared with 16 pieces in 2000 and 83 pieces in 1990.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
Reasons to buy
- Market volume in 2017 was 20 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Nigerian consumers consumed an average of 105 cigarettes in 2017.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns.
- As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Market Size
- Table Cigarette Consumption, Billion Pieces, 1990–2017
- Table Duty Paid & Non-Duty Paid Cigarette Consumption, Billion Pieces, 1990–2017
- Table Per Capita Consumption, 1990–2017
- Market Structure
- Table Cigarette Market by Pack Type, Billion Pieces, 2000–2008
- Table Cigarette Market by Pack Type, %, 2000–2008
- Manufacturers & Brands
- Table Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Billion Pieces, 2000–2017
- Table Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, % Volume, 2000–2017
- Taxation & Retail Prices
- Retail Prices
- Table Brands by Category
- Table Average Retail Prices of cigarette Brands in Ibadan, Nigeria, May 2013
- Table Price Index (Alcohol & Tobacco), 2009–2016
- The Smoking Population
- Table Smoking Population, 1990–2017
- Table Smoking Prevalence by Region ( Nigeria), %, 2012
- Production & Trade
- Table Cigarette Production, Million Pieces & % 1990–2016
- Table Imports of Cigarettes, 1990–2017
- Table Imports by Country of Origin, 2000–2017, Million Pieces
- Table Imports by Country of Origin, 2007–2017, percentage
- Table Exports of Cigarettes, 2007–2017
- Table Exports by Country of Destination, 2008–2017, Million Pieces
- Table Exports by Country of Destination, 2008–2017, %
- Operating Constraints
- Advertising Restrictions
- Health Warnings
- Other Restrictions
- Company Profiles
- Table Company profile: British American Tobacco (Nigeria) Ltd
- Prospects & Forecasts
- Table Consumption Forecasts to 2027
- What is this Report About?
- Time Frame
- Product Category Coverage
- Table Figure 1: Methodology
- About GlobalData
- Table Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance
- Contact Us